Friday, February 18, 2011

SQUEEE!!! Seeds!!!

Guess what the mail-man just dropped off?? Guess-oh-guess-oh-guess!


My garden seeds!! I still don't have my pea seeds yet, which I would reallyreallyreally like to come ASAP, but I am very thrilled to have these so fast! I ordered them... Tuesday I think?


Here's the list of the loot:
*3 kinds of spinach: Giant Winter, Bloomsdale and Long-Standing Summer Perfection

*2 kinds of lettuce: a heat tolerant head lettuce and a Romaine

*Yellow and Zucchini Squash

* Cucumbers

*Black Beauty Eggplant

*Broccoli

*Beets

*Yellow Sweet Peppers

*Amish Paste Tomatoes

I think this afternoon will find me working at getting some of these started. Oh joy!!

4 comments:

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Looks so exciting!!! We spent about an hour Wednesday afternoon prepping the beds for another year. I think we're going to do filet green beans, cucumbers, peppers (jalapeno & bells), carrots, butternut squash and maybe watermelon if I can get them into the ground soon enough. Can't wait!

i cant decide said... [Reply to comment]

Ooh, nice! I need to put in an order. I'm going to plant some cold crops tomorrow. Have fun dreaming of your garden to be.

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Oh good! I'm glad you have them and are able to get them in the ground. Our dirt is sooooo dry up here. I think it is supposed to rain tomorrow and Monday. I really hope so. I wonder if I should have tried to get some seeds in before this rain? But, if they sprouted and then froze, it would be a waste. Well, I napped this evening, and then it was time to get supper on, and then I worked on my pies for the 27th---and with all the interruptions, just now finished them. So, no garden got planted today.

Alicia said... [Reply to comment]

*swoon* SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!