Friday, February 4, 2011

28 Days of Love - Day 4

Day 4...

My watch

I wear this watch ALL the time. The only time I take it off is when I take a shower, swim, or am in labor and delivery. Oh, how I missed my watch when I was having Susannah!! I think it was the first thing I asked for after she was born, even before we were out of LDR. I about cannot function without it, it drives me nuts to not be able to look at my wrist and see what time it is.

This watch is very special to me. Daniel gave it to me on my 19th birthday, the 2nd time he came to see me. I remember that it was in a small jewelry-type box, wrapped in red sparkly paper with a fancy bow on top. I was nervous opening it because it was a small package. I knew I wanted to marry Daniel, but I was a little nervous about "what if it was a ring already?!?" Once I saw it was a watch, the thought that went through my mind was that his sister got a watch for her birthday from her husband-to-be before they were engaged... Hmm... do watches mean something? :)

That was 7 1/2 years ago. The battery has been replaced a couple times, the band is dirty on the inside, the gold color has worn off from around the face, it has some dings and scratches... but when I look at it and remember who gave it to me, I always feel very loved :)


********
Please feel welcome to join me in posting 28 Days of Love!
I just ask that you link back to my post for the day
and leave a comment with a link to your post!

********
Here's a shameless plug to anyone that might want to design a cute button for this meme.
Contact me through my contact button!

4 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Awww...that's really sweet. It must not have been a cheap 5.99 watch or it would have expired long before now.

I too feel like I cannot function without seeing a clock. And I mean a real, honest-to-goodness analog clock. That's why I always wear a watch (analog) and there is a clock in sight just about everywhere you are in the house. I am very time-oriented. I blame it on working in healthcare. Ev-er-y-thing hinged on time. Every medication, every test, every procedure, every happening, every documentation, and I just got so used to knowing the time and how much time had passed and so on (and there were clocks in every room). I have carried my time over into our home. We have the clocks!

(And I can hardly stand to be in a house where the only clock is the one on the microwave.)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

ahhhhh...It was just a matter of TIME! (Great gift, Daniel!)
Lisa Baker

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

Excuse me! You were a mere 18 years old when you got married, so the watch was for your eighteenth birthday. I know since you have your own daughter you might try to bump the age up a little, otherwise you have no argument.

Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

@Rachel Uh, no, I really was 19 when we got married :)