Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Procrastinate So Well

Does anyone besides me do this? Just procrastinate away even when you know you shouldn't?

My #1 "Goal" for this year is to GET ENOUGH SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!

Do you have any idea how well-rested I'm feeling lately? Ha! Not very much. (And no, I'm not pregnant for any of you who might wonder if my being tired is because I'm pregnant.) Whose fault is it that I don't crawl in bed until 11, or 11:30... or 11:45 at night, and then have to bust out of bed before 7am to start the day. 6-ish hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me. 7 is decent, but I function and feel 100 times better on closer to 8.

Susannah goes to bed between 8:30/45, so I should easily be able to crawl in bed by 10, right? The problem is, I have no excuse most nights. None. I don't stay up late cleaning up the kitchen, or finishing the dishes, or sweeping the floors, or folding laundry. I mean, I might piddle around here and there working on something but not really.

I do better going to bed earlier, feeling alive!! when I wake up, and then I have more spunk, self-motivation, and energy to do what I need to do. Otherwise I feel like something the cat drug in.

So, I know today is Tuesday. It's not the start of a new week, or month or year. Shoot, it's even the middle of the afternoon, so it's not even the start of a new day. But tonight I'm going to get a new grip on this goal and see if I can't master it again. All I have to do is go to bed! I love crawling in bed! I love sleeping! So what's the big deal?

4 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

When you figure it out, please let me know. However, usually I am up cleaning up the kitchen, etc. Unfortunately, I don't hit disaster until I don't go to bed until 1 or 1:30 (which was last night). Then, death creeps into my bones the next day. So, I'm getting off here to get the kitchen cleaned up and then going to bed!

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

If you get a public job you will go to bed. Unfortunately, you cannot be grouchy and snippy with the public no matter how you feel. I think it should be the other way around. Be grouchy and snippy with the public and nice to your family. J. Q. Public doesn't give a rip about you; your family does (or should) so why give them the lessor part? This is something that really bothers me. We give our best to the public often at the expense of our family, spouse, etc. It just seems so wrong, maybe a sin, to be so stupidly polite to others and treat your family like you really feel.

texascrow said... [Reply to comment]

Have you thought of napping during the day when your little one does? I have a 4 yr old boy and twin 9 mo old girls and maybe three times out of the month (It was alot more frequent before I had my twins) if they all nap at the same time, I get to nap too. Maybe that would help. :)

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Naps are a life-saver. I always get the "big-eye" (that's what my Momma calls it, when you can't sleep for whatever reason and you're awake until the wee hours of the morning) around my cycle. It's terrible for an entire week I'm exhausted, but naps do help. I used to feel guilty about taking a nap, but now I love them. My kids will snuggle in the bed and we all pile into our bed and sleep. It's so nice :)