Monday, February 21, 2011

28 Days of Love - Day 21

My rings from Daniel

The engagement ring that Daniel gave me has a story :) It was his great-grandmothers engagement ring from her 2nd husband (she was widowed). I think it's from the 1960's if I remember right? It fits me perfectly! Daniel proposed to me January 1st of 2004. But he didn't have the ring yet as it was still at the jewelers to be cleaned. That was a Friday, I believe. The next Thursday he surprised me by driving 2 hours just to bring me the ring!

We picked out our wedding bands together of course. That was fun and exciting to do! We chose to have them engraved on the inside with our initials joined by a heart, our wedding date and the words "In Him" ("Him" being Christ).

These rings are very special to me, of course. They are visible proof of Daniel's love for me, and his promise to always love me. That is what we tell Susannah, too, when she notices our rings, "that means Daddy (or Mama) loves Mama (or Daddy) very much, and promises to always love her (or him)." And usually we go on to tell her how much we love her too!

So yeah, that's my love for today :)


********
Please feel welcome to join me in posting 28 Days of Love!
I just ask that you link back to my post for the day
and leave a comment with a link to your post!

********
Here's a shameless plug to anyone that might want to design a cute button for this meme.
Contact me through my contact button!

1 comments:

Alicia said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely!!! :D
My ring is from my grandmother (in a way). She gave Andrew the ring, and we had the gold melted down and the diamond newly set (the ring she gave us was not her engagement ring and was in this huge, bulky setting).
Worked perfectly. Also definitely helped with our budget. ;)