Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Outside my window... The sun is coming up, the birdies are singing, and I'm waiting to see what time Mr. Reporter-Bird gives his daily morning report from atop our chimney. Without failing, ever, he's up there between 8:15 and 8:30 every morning. And it's loud.

I am thinking... About how great it would be to have Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University at our Church. I mean, they do marriage seminars, Prep for Parenting classes, women's and men's ministries, but no financial classes.

I am thankful for... the whole day of work that Daniel had yesterday, and that he had an early call today.

From the kitchen... I have a full slop bucket that I need to run out to the garden. The bread machine needs to go back into the pantry.

I am wearing... my bathrobe and slippers.

I am going... nowhere. I probably won't even hang out the laundry today, it was 28° this morning.

I am reading... Dave Ramsey's My Total Money Makeover, round 2 to get what I missed in round 1.

I am hoping... that I don't get whatever cold Paul & Hannah (my nephew & niece) have when I babysit them for several days!!

I am creating... I need to figure out what I'm going to get at Kroger tomorrow, and a menu plan for Daniel to eat off of while I'm gone.

I am hearing... the heatpump running. That means it's cold outside.

Around the house... I started cleaning out the spare bedroom. So.Much.Stuff that I don't know what to do with or where to put it, but I can't throw it out (like a box of material that I decided will just have to go in the attic). Reason #1 of why to not have so much stuff. And why the requirements for our next house include at least 3 bedrooms.

One of my favorite things... mountains!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... make bread, make some food to stick in the freezer for Daniel.
A picture thought I am sharing with you... The snow that we had a couple weeks ago. It was so pretty :)

1 comments:

Mama said... [Reply to comment]

I agree about Financial Peace University! I may send Sparky and e-mail!