Friday, February 13, 2009

But God is the Ocean

"The enjoyment of [God] is the only happiness with which our souls can be satisfied. To go to heaven, fully to enjoy God, is infinitely better than the most pleasant accommodations here. Fathers and mothers, husband, wives, or children, or the company of earthly friends, are but shadows; but God is the substance. These are but scattered beams, but God is the sun. These are but streams. But God is the ocean." - Jonathan Edwards

The cousin of a lady in our choir just died after a year long battle with cancer, and he had this quote on his blog. I finally went today to look at it, and after reading this, I had to share it.

These are but streams. But God is the ocean. Powerful. I'm glad He's the ocean, aren't you?

1 comments:

Missy said... [Reply to comment]

Yes I am! God is awesome my mind can not even fathom how awesome he is!!!