Monday, February 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, 02/02/09

For today, February 2, 2009
Outside my window... it is a beautiful day! Supposed to be high 50's today!
I am thinking... about what to put on the menu for my next week of menu planning.
I am thankful for... good friends! I love having great friends to hang out with... in person and in bloggy land.
From the kitchen... Whewee. It is a mess. I need to clean it up and make some bread.
I am wearing... a green turtleneck and gray sweatpants.
I am going... I want to take a walk today since it's so nice outside. Otherwise, nowhere today.
I am reading... No books right now. I have one I want to start, but I can't remember the name of it right now. I DO read your blogs, though!!
I am hoping... that Daniel has work for the whole day, and week for that matter.
I am creating... I need to make a couple birthday cards since alot of my family has birthday's in February!!
I am hearing... the quiet sounds of just me in the house. Later on it will be the dishwasher, the clotheswasher, the dryer (unless I hang the laundry out!! Woohoo, it would be the first load for '09 :) ) A couple minutes ago it sounded like someone was running a leaf blower across the road.
Around the house... This one always stumps me. I'm sure once we have kiddos I'll have more exciting stuff to put here. For now, I'll put "dust is collecting on flat surfaces". It happens, sorry folks, but it does.
One of my favorite things... The Sound of Music!!
A few plans for the rest of the week... send some bread-making tips to a friend, match up coupons and deals at Kroger and beyond (beyond being whatever other stores I decide to go to), start working on plans for a wedding cake I'll be making in March (this was planned before I decided "No More Wedding Cakes").
A picture thought I am sharing with you... I know I haven't done this one in a while... go outside and look around! See God's creation and enjoy it :)

5 comments:

Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the Sound of Music!!! It has to be the best movie ever made. Seriously!

Mama said... [Reply to comment]

OOOH! I hope I am the recipient of said "bread tips"!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hey, I'm going to a dinner Theatre this spring to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Wanna come?

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Miriam,

I'm an American living in Europe and I randomly found your blog this past weekend. Some of your recipes sound really great and I'll have to try them! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! I have to agree that "The Sound of Music" is fantastic :)

Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

Hi, Rachel :) How fun to have someone living in Europe stumble across my blog :) Thanks for stopping by!