Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Happenin's of Our House

When we procrastinate and procrastinate about taking the time to give Daniel a hair-cut, this happens: Don't worry, the next afternoon we went outside and chopped alot of it off. And no, he didn't wear his hair like this on a regular basis. This is what happens when I get bored and a supply of hair clips are close at hand! And he holds still long enough.

When it's day 2 of the week and Daniel still doesn't have any work to do... to get paid for, our dining room turns into this:

And the floor is filled with things like an air-compressor to run the nailer, a circular saw to cut stuff that the big saw can't get to, and a shop-vac that has an extra long hose taped to the big saw to catch saw-dust.

We started reading this:More truthfully, I started reading this. After talking to Daniel about what I'm learning and wanting to do, he started reading it.

We've talked about my going back to work. We decided it was a "24-hour question" - see what we think about it tomorrow. Everything makes sense that I should, except that I want to sit down and cry just thinking about it. Daniel's work is slow, the past couple week's he's had at least 1 1/2 days off. The bank I did work at has a part time position open. It would insure that our cash flow would remain at least steady. Hopefully we'd have extra to put towards our Total Money Makeover. We probably could survive on beans and rice and rice and beans until the demand of HVAC work picks back up, but the slowness isn't just related to the nice weather, it's also this economical mess that we're in, so simply a couple days of severe weather isn't going to provide work for everyone for a year or two or three.

It's 72° outside today and the wash is hanging on the line. Daniel came out and helped me hang it up! And I'm getting ready to make a batch of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I have everything here to make them, and by golly, some cookie dough just might help me feel better.

I'm not really having a pity party over here, I just feel like it sometimes. I am totally LOVIN having my Daniel here with me all day! It is so much fun to be able to talk to him whenever I have a thought I want to share. We get to eat breakfast AND lunch AND dinner together!! We have more time to discuss and talk about anything that we want to discuss or talk about. Not to mention all the opportunities for huggin' and kissin' ;-)

So if God answers our prayers and it gets to be about 4° as a daytime high for a week or two and we get about 3' of snow... please don't be mad at us if you are a snow/cold weather hater. We're just trying to survive the economy, too.

And as an extra bonus: I realize that Daniel could NOT have a job right now. We praise the Lord that he does! Just this past Sunday morning our pastor asked for a show of hands for those that have lost or are going to lose their jobs; there were probably 1/2 a dozen. We are blessed. Our skies are just a little cloudy right now while it's tornado-ing and hurricane-ing for some other's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I totally understand about the job situation. My DS is in construction and it is a really scary I am trying my best to trust God more. He has work (paying a lot less) But God is good and I know we will make it! Just pray about the part time job He will let you know what to do! I can not believehe let you post that pic of his hair lol:)

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Ahh, I won't let Paul see that picture of Daniel with the hair clips! Paul already begs for barrettes in her hair like Hannah! I'll be praying for you over this decision, and Daniel's work. (Remember, their are houses for sale here on our road!!)

Mama said... [Reply to comment]

Glad you are enjoying the book. Pretty inspirational, huh? I hope you get clear direction about going to work. Will that mean less time for blogging? :( We will pray for y'all that work picks up soon... B and Eden are already praying for lots of snow, so maybe it will work! I must confess, I am praying for Spring.

Meghan said... [Reply to comment]

I have been there in the job situation. My best advice if you want to be debt free is to take the job. If you doesn't work for you then quit, but atleast you tried and it is only part-time. You would be putting yourself in a really great financial situation when kids come around. I'm thinking you would absolutely not want to work when you have kids so why not set yourself up for success.



Trust in the Lord with all your heart! I have always worked up until a year ago and I missed a lot. Right now, I do not care for 3x milking but we are doing it to get to a farm we want to buy. Sometimes you have to sacrafice to get what you want. You'll figure it out and be just fine : )