Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm Pooped.

I must applaud all mommies out there.

Here are a few things that have crossed my mind today and yesterday:

Only a mommy would have a stinky, stinky bathroom because 2 little people pooped in their potties and it stinks to high heaven. Even after I "sprayed" 3 times.

Only a mommy would carry a bare-behinded baby who just pooped in her potty on her arm (to go put her diaper back on).

Only a mommy would dump out potty bowls, then immediately go eat a plateful of spaghetti.

I've been yawning and fuzzy-eyed since about 8:30. Paul & Hannah are finally asleep. I am headed there FAST. If I don't fall asleep here at the computer.

Last night Hannah (almost 1) wailed and wailed for 45 minutes after I put her to bed. After trying another bottle, making sure she had clean pants, and still nothing "working", she played on the kitchen floor for another hour happy as a clam before finally going to sleep.

Tonight Paul (2+) cried through his whole bath and getting into PJ's routine. I think I might be tone deaf to a few pitches now.

This morning Hannah woke up happy and cute and cheerful! And did the same thing after her afternoon nap. Paul and I had a session of "school" this morning while Hannah napped, and he had fun. Aunt Jul dropped by and taught Paul how to say "Cutie Patootie". I tried to teach Paul a motion song (we sing it at MOPS), and it was so cute and fun to watch and help him do the motions... esp. at the end of the song, the words are "God made me!" and he would sing "God ... made ... MEEE!!" Then he'd say "sing it again!!".

We're definitely have alot of fun times, but the not so fun times happen, too. I'm glad that Sally & Andrew are getting to take a break and kick back and relax and do "nothing" for a couple days, though.

And by the way, I didn't realize my post title was going to be so closely related to some of the post content. And I'm not a mommy, but I'm filling in and doing those things, so I guess I'm doing ok.

I have my teeth brushed, so I'm going to go crawl in bed and sleep as long and hard and fast as I can. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Admin said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so sorry! I wish I could blink my eyes and be there to help you through the rough spots, and then blink my eyes and be back here in Chicago the rest of the time. It wears me down at times, and I am even "used" to it (or supposed to be). I'm sure it's even more wearisome when you're stepping in cold from a childless life. Hang in there! We'll be home in 2 days! Call in some help if you need to.
--Sally

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Lol! Have tons of fun with the wee bairns. And don't take my spot as the favorite!!!