Sunday, February 22, 2009

Overall

today has gone really well!! Both Paul & Hannah slept a little bit later than usual this morning (I didn't mind ONE bit!!), and were generally very happy all of their awake times. It is amazing the difference between a "good day" and a "bad day"... I'm not nearly as tired today as I was yesterday :)

Hannah went to sleep without much fuss tonight, I'm sure thanks to Sally's over-the-phone advice last night :) We started the go-to-bed routine a bit earlier and it seemed to work just fine :)

Here are the subjects of my photography the past 2 days:

Paul & Hannah yesterday morning right after they woke up.

Hannah's one-sided "bed-head"

Happy Hannah after her nap yesterday.

Paul giving rides to his "geen bean" and tomato.

"Auntie Juls" stopped by for a couple minutes and read a few books
to Paul and put on his "Tigger-Tigger" slippers.

Paul asked to bring his potty out to the kitchen
so he could sit with Hannah.

Paul did lots of coloring today.

Paul the great multi-tasker:
Going to the potty, reading a book
AND talking on the phone to Daddy!!

Not much else is new that I know of. I talk to Daniel a couple times a day, and he said that he has the 2nd pantry door frame almost ready to go in. This evening he called while he was emptying the trash cans at church. I don't envy him one bit. Several times I've had to do it alone because he's either busy doing something else or on call, and it is NOT fun to do by yourself. I can't tell you off the top of my head how many bathrooms there are at church, but there's a'plenty, that's for sure!
I think I will sign off for now and go do something adult-ish for a bit. Like read a book, or just sit still and do nothing and think about nothing. Or go to the bathroom and take all the time I want to. I now understand why Gayle's blog subtitle is "Where I lock the bathroom door, grab a good book, and self medicate with chocolate." I wanted to do that yesterday :P

3 comments:

Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you'll be all broke in as a "mom" before long! Hope you get some good sleep soon. : )

Mama said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you have done well. It can be rough, but the fun SO outweighs the rest of it! Hope you can go home and fall into bed soon!

Maria D. @ DownrightDomesticity said... [Reply to comment]

What a couple of cuties! It's always so neat to be able to be a part of a little kid's life, even if it's just for a short while. I will tell you what, though, I always have such a greater appreciation for mothers after a babysitting job!