Monday, August 4, 2008

The Wedding Cake

I made the wedding cake for a good friend of Daniel's wedding this past Saturday. It was alot of hard work to begin with, and then it seemed nothing was going right.


My thought Friday while I was decorating the cake: I have never prayed over my own-made food as hard as I am now!


Thursday when I went to make the cakes I realized that I had loaned out my round cake pan set, and it was 2 hours away. I had the wrong Egg Beaters stuff for making the white cake. So Thursday I made 2 trips to 2 different stores to finally get my day going in the right direction.


Friday, I had to transport all 6 cakes to the reception hall 2 hours from my house. I had not put any of the cakes together, I was going to do it all there. One of the 8" cakes split into 3 pieces en route. When I was putting it together with the caramel filling, it kept wanting to slide apart. It took much doings to get it to stay together. THAT's when all the praying started!

Then I ran out of frosting. I was sure I'd made enough, but I obviously had NOT. I had 2 cakes done and a 3rd one waiting to be done. Thankfully my sister who lived in the area was able to bring me more ingredients to make more icing! I couldn't leave the reception place because the door would lock behind me and I wouldn't be able to get back in.


It all turned out beautifully, and here are a few pictures to show you :) I'm convinced that there were two invisible Hands holding the top layer together, because you would never know that it was broken in pieces from looking at the outside.





And just an up close of the details:

2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Miriam,

I LOVE the cake! It is so beautiful! You did a great job on it.

Glad to be able to come and read your blog. I already know I'll be checking in as often as I can.

Hugs,
Angie

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

WOW ~ That is gorgeous!!! I am cooknchic at TOH and just noticed your info about your blog today. Very cool place, and love those gorgeous birthday flowers :)