Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weekly Grocery Store Raid - 75% Savings!!

Hee hee, I got my first "wow!" from a cashier!!!!! I went to Food Lion yesterday with my list from The Grocery Game and saved 84%!!!! Her comment was "Wow! Those coupons really made a difference! You're a good shopper."

All this from Food Lion, Kroger and WalMart:
3 Kitten Chow - FREE
All Purpose Flour - $1.74
Bread Flour - $2.14
Sugar - $2.38
1 Gal. Orange Juice - $1.99
2 Ketchup - $.60 ea.
5 BBQ Sauce - $.10 ea.
3 A.1. Steak Sauce - $.50 ea.
6 Electrasol - $.27 ea.
4 BirdsEye Steamfresh Corn - $.50 ea.
Sandwich Singles Cheese - $1.28
Lettuce - $1.38
24oz. Block Cheese - $3.99
2 apples - $.48 (1 not pictured because I ate it :P )
5 Grillmates Marinade Seasonings - $.19 ea.

Shelf Price: $98.61
Total OOP: $25.03
Saved: $73.58 or 75% (woop-woop!)

Daniel asked if I was going to start buying steaks to go with all the BBQ sauce and marinade I've been getting the last couple weeks. I told him no, but it will give us different ways to eat chicken other than "just chicken"! And who knows, with The Grocery Game I might just be able to buy a steak or two now and then :)

This week the flours, sugar, Orange Juice, Cheese and lettuce were on my needs list.

Aaaaayaaand, while I was in town I got my watch battery replaced!! It died 2 weeks ago and I've felt naked and lost without it. I seriously don't know how people who don't wear watches stand it. I even made sure to carry my cell phone around with me more, but I hated having to fumble with it to simply look at the time. Now I have time on my hands wrist again :)

2 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

That's a steal on the Electrasol! You did a really good job this time around.

Mama said... [Reply to comment]

No watch here!