Thursday, May 7, 2009

For today, Thursday May 7, 2009


I am thinking... that it's nice to have a little sunshine :) It's been rainy most of the week so far so sunshine is a welcome change, though I don't mind the rain too much.

I am thankful for... Daniel's work having picked back up to relatively normal the past 2 weeks. I about jumped up and down and yelled with excitement when his first full paycheck since the middle of January was deposited last week :D I wondered if I could call it "the Jehovah Jireh Jig" since Jehovah Jireh means "the Lord will provide"??

From my kitchen... nothing super exciting. I made a frozen peach pie Tuesday, ahh, it was so good to be able to pull it out of the freezer, put it in the oven and have fresh peach pie in the middle of May :) I'm so glad I made and froze them last summer!

I am wearing... a big gray t-shirt and yellow smiley face shorts. I will be changing clothes later today before my company gets here :)

I am going... I may go borrow Mama's box of toys or I might ask Daniel to pick them up on his way home. We don't have any toys here and our little company would probably be happier with toys :)

I am reading... "the Johns"... I John, II John, III John.

I am creating... I made a batch of laundry soap this morning first thing so that it can set up a little bit before I need to start laundry. I also need to make bread today.

I am hearing... nothing too exciting. The breeze is blowing outside so I might open up the windows a little more so I can hear the wind in the trees :)

Around the house... I need to put away the clothes that are on the drying rack and put the rack away, and do a general cleaning of the main part of the house. I will also finish packing up the 2nd bedroom and get it ready for my company tonight! I'm excited :D

A few plans for the rest of the week... enjoy the visit with 2 of my sisters, nephews and niece :) (Paul and Hannah are 2 1/2 and 1, respectively.) Grandma decided not to come :( I'm not sure what I'll do on Saturday.

One of my favorite things... talking with my siblings :)

Picture thoughts I am sharing with you...

3 comments:

rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Miriam,

Couldn't decide whether to leave this here or on your FB. How do you make your laundry soap?

rebecca

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

I like the picture!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I really like that picture. Looks like you need a big ol' washtub and wash board in the background yet.