Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - Jan. 22, 2009

For Today, January 22, 2009

Outside my window... The sun is almost above the treeline. It's cold :) I'm too lazy to get up and go check the temperature and come back and tell you what it is, though. Where's the snow???

I am thinking... of the things I need to get done today. Not much more than my "to do" list, and hopefully some extra time to do a few non-have-to things.

I am thankful for... A wonderfully sweet husband :)

From the kitchen... Not much, yet.

I am wearing... my bathrobe and slippers.

I am going... probably all the way to the mailbox and back at some point today :P Otherwise, not (planning on) going anywhere today.

I am reading... I just finished a really great series by Kristen Heitzman last week. About an Italian girl. Nothing like reading those books to get my Italian food appetite rolling!!

I am hoping... that the nice girl is back at Kroger next week, and that those other two ladies won't be there. Is it wrong to hope they got seriously reprimanded and/or fired or something??
I still want SNOW!!!!!!!!!

I am creating... I want to create some cards with my Stampin' Up stuff. I also want to get a jump start on next week's menu.

I am hearing... Growin' With It's blog music :) I hadn't heard Kenny Chesney's "Me And You" before... I love it!! I think I will try and find a download of it, or save up my pennies and buy a CD with it on.

Around the house... The 1st load of laundry is finished an waiting for the dryer, the dishwasher is almost full, I think last night's supper dishes will fill it up. The house overall is staying cleaner since I've been keeping "on schedule" with my daily to-do lists this week. I love it!

One of my favorite things... Good, mushy, romantic love songs ;)

A few plans for the rest of the week... Make homemade Fettuccine, EXERCISE (I exercised for the first time since Christmas yesterday... pitiful, pitiful), stuff. Nothing super exciting.
TWO picture thoughts I'm sharing with you... This is the baby shower cake I made this past weekend, and the baby shower invitation I was to copy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You did a really good job on the cake!!!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Great cake! My big day is tomorrow. Mom will come get the kids in the morning, then I will be doing wedding cake like a mad woman. I have my kitchen all cleaned, we are eating pancakes out of the freezer for breakfast, so it should go on schedule!