Friday, January 30, 2009

Groceries 1/28/09

I do want to apologize for not getting this up yesterday. I had a bunch of errands I had to run, and then I had a jewelry party to go to last evening and the day just go away from me. Daniel's mom went with me, and it was fun to get excited with her over the deals we were getting. Between her, myself, and the stuff I was getting for my sister, we got 40 items from Kroger's Mix'n'Match Mega Event sale!!

Here's what I got:
Kroger:

4 Franks Red Hot Sauce - Free after Coupons
2 cans Rotel - $.14 after Coupons
1 Cattlemen's BBQ Sauce - $.25 after Coupons
1 Mustard - Free after Coupons
1 Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn - $1.49 (coupon mixup)
2 GG Steamers - $1.00 (coupon mixup)
1 Cottonelle - Free after Coupons
2 bags Kroger Chips - $3.02
1lb. brick Butter - $2.54
1 Kroger Sliced Cheese Product - $1.39
1 head Lettuce - $1.45
2 18ct. Eggs - $3.34 ($1.67 ea!)
Total OOP: $15.01
Total Savings in coupons, sales and Mix'n'Match bonus: $27.14 or 64%

CVS: (not pictured)
7 cases of Pepsi & Dr. Pepper
Total OOP: $10.74
Used a $10 ECB, earned another $10 ECB!!

Total OOP for this week: $25.75
Yay, I am so happy that I was able to come in so close to my budget this week. I originally wasn't planning to get more of the Mix'n'Match sale stuff at Kroger, but it turned out that I was able to get several things for next to nothing, and I'd asked Daniel if it was ok before I went.

Between Mama and me, I think we got our coupons a little mixed up and I ended up without one. And we both had a few not scan. We did go back in and I got 2 coupons back and the cashier and I thought we had it figured out... after we left I realized that I had more $1 coupons than had scanned, and I'd taken back two $.50 coupons. Oh well, another lesson learned. Next time, though, I am going to stand there and hand the coupons to the cashier one at a time and really watch to make sure each one comes off. I'm determined to get this thing figured out and down pat and going smoothly here soon!

I had some other stuff typed up on here but it didn't get saved. I had to leave for a Bridal Shower, and now that I'm back I can't remember what in the world I'd said! I you know, remind me :P I hope you're all having a peachy evening!

2 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, that stuff sounds so good, and so cheap, the way you do it! Good going, lady! (Is your mother-in-law going to do this regularly? Meaning, are you that contagious?)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You did a great job!