Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yoga Moves = I Feel Better!

This past week a friend of ours offered to show me some yoga moves that would possibly help with the pregnancy-related pubic pain and discomfort that was really slowing me down. We met after church Wednesday evening and went through a handful of moves. They have worked wonders!!

After church Daniel and I went grocery shopping. Before, walking that much even at a snail's pace would eventually be pretty painful. I was super tired so I don't remember exactly, but I do know that I was fine with walking from the store to the car instead of asking Daniel to pull the car around to the door.

I've done the yoga moves on my own each day since, and while I'm not zipping around like a speeding bullet, I don't have to contemplate every step I take to determine if it's worth the hurt or not. In fact, I'd say I can walk without thinking about it most of the time!! Not everything has been "cured" - rolling over and getting out of bed is still uncomfortable. I still can't pop out of bed running - I have to start slowly :)

I don't know if it's related or not (I'm guessing it is), but my overall energy level has even been better. Thursday I actually CLEANED the kitchen and did three loads of laundry - one which I hung outside on the washline - and only took 1 nap instead of 2 very long ones. Yesterday I washed the kitchen floor by hand and it went pretty good (it desperately needed a good scrubbing!!), and got a lot of other things done, too (along with a nap). At least, "a lot" considering what's been the norm lately :) Still not as much as if I was not pregnant and had full energy, but before Wednesday evening, I wasn't sure how much more cleaning and preparation I was going to get done before the baby came. Now I feel like I will be able to get quite a bit done each day that George decides to stay put (I am still quite eager for him or her to be born, though!!!).

4 comments:

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hopefully George comes soon, though!

Maria D. @ DownrightDomesticity said... [Reply to comment]

How funny that you'd be writing about this! I was just looking into prenatal yoga yesterday! I'm glad you're feeling better-- and maybe even nesting? :-)

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

This is wonderful! If I have any of those problems, I'll have to get you to teach those exercises to me. In the meantime, when you get everything done there and still have all that energy, just hop on a jet and come do my house!

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you are nesting to me :) Won't be long before the little one will be here! Whatever it is, glad you are feeling better, but don't overdo it. Get lots of rest.