Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weekly Grocery Trip 2/2/2010

I'm sorry this is a bit late :) It's been a full day for me. Doing laundry and getting my grocery list/coupons together this morning, a bunch of errands while I was out, and then we were gone all evening so Daniel could help some friends get their heat back on (success!).

Welcome back to another week of displaying my grocery shopping loot :) Kroger was having a 2nd week of their Mega Events (Football) sale, so of course I took advantage of it! AND managed to stay under budget :)

I did have $40 today for our grocery budget (usually it is $30/week). Daniel and I decided that since the month of March is going to be pretty adventerous (with the baby due the beginning of March), I should go ahead and use some of March's budget each week to be able to stock up/make things ahead of time.

That said, here is what (almost) $40 got me today:


* = Mega Event item

1/2 gal. Milk - $1.89
Dr. Pepper & Pepsi 12pk. - $3.00 ea.
*Lay's - $1.78
*(4) 8oz. Kraft Cheese - $.49 ea.
*(8) Cream Cheese - $.75 ea.
*(2) 12oz. Armour Meatballs - $1.44 ea.
Bread Flour - $2.14
Stacy's Pita Chips - FREE (with coupon from fanning Stacy's on Facebook)
(2) OJ Concentrate - $1.68 ea.
*(2) Rotel - FREE
(2) 12oz. Buddig Deli Meats - $1.50 ea.
Split Chic. Breasts - $2.85 ($.98/lb.)
Celery - $1.63
Bananas - $.93 ($.48/lb.)
Lettuce - $1.55
Onions - $1.28
1lb. Carrots - $1.18

Shelf Price - $89.23
Total OOP - $38.33
Saved - $50.90 / 57%

Only 17 of the Mega Event items are pictured. I did get 20 total, but one thing was toilet paper (which comes from our Misc. budget) and my MIL had asked me to pick up 2 boxes of Raisin Bran for her. These items are not figured into my totals.

4 comments:

Steph Martin said... [Reply to comment]

You're doing a great job with your shopping! And you'll be so thankful that you have meals already made and in the freezer, and that you shopped ahead later. I can't believe that it's almost time for the baby. I'm so excited for you!

Saving Our Way said... [Reply to comment]

Great job!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Good job! I wondered if you got some more of the .50 cheese like I did, and it looks like you did. Happy cooking!

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Great job staying under budget! Have you tried the Buddig lunch meat before? We just got some a few weeks ago for Kevin's lunches and I put some on pizza the other night. It was pretty good!