Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekly Grocery Trip 1/19/10

First stop: THE BANK! I remembered this time :)

Here's everything that I managed to get for less than $30 (cash!):

CVS
I had ECB's that expired this week. There weren't any really good ECB rolling deals, so I did the best I could with as little OOP as possible.

1 6ct. SoyJoy Bars - $6.00
1/2 Gal. Milk - $2.59
-$3 ECB
-$5 ECB

Total: $.80
Earned $6.00 ECB

Walgreens
I had RR's that expired today. Since I don't shop there often I wasn't dead set on rolling the RR's, plus all of the deals I could've rolled them on would cost me more OOP than I wanted to spend today.

(2) Utz Chips - $3.00
-$1.00 RR
-$1.00 RR

Total: $1.08

Food Lion
6pc. Chicken Thighs - $2.23 (markdown, $.78/lb I think)

Total: $2.29

Kroger
6pc. Bone-In Pork Chops - $3.79 ($1.39/lb)
Pint Sour Cream - $1.00
(2) OJ Concentrate - $3.36 ($1.68 ea.)
(4) 5ct. Pillsbury Sweet Rolls - $.20 ($.05 ea.)
Vegetable Oil - $2.93
(2) Gatorade G2 - FREE
Canned Green Chilies - $.99
Mushrooms - $.79
1lb. Navy Beans - $1.39
2lbs. Rice - $1.39
5lb. Bread Flour - $2.49
Bananas - $.48
18ct. Eggs - $1.99
Lettuce - $1.55
Tomatoes - $1.41
Oranges - $1.00

Total OOP: $25.20

**************

Total Shelf Price: $63.35 (doesn't include the meat savings)
Total Spent: $29.37
Total Saved: $33.98 / 54%

Included in the picture but not the prices is a box (48oz) of Cole Slaw. It was compliments of Customer Appreciation :) I was shopping and a guy walked up with a buggy loaded with Cole Slaw and Potato Salad. He greeted me, asked if I liked Potato Salad or Cole Slaw (both are "dangerous" foods in my mind, unless I've tried them and know I like them). I chose Cole Slaw (always the safer choice) and he gave me a tub, saying that they were giving them away for Customer Appreciation. Cool! It is dated the 21st, Daniel's guess is that they were just getting rid of them :P

This post is linked to The Grocery Cart Challenge

3 comments:

Liz said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! You got some good deals. It's been awhile since I've come across any worth writing about. :(

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

You did really well! Especially that chicken, you snatched up a steal there! Have you ever eaten Soy Joy bars, or canned green chiles?

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! You did great! I love it when the store has "secret" sales and we get to benefit from them :)