Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan. 18

I'm a little bit later in the day for getting this posted, it's been an interesting weekend!! This week I'm trying a new recipe (my MIL has fixed it, but it will be the first time for me), and I'm hoping to try a couple more new ones next week. I've been purposely looking through cookbooks (even if they don't have ANY pictures!) and dog-earing the pages with recipes that I think I might want to try. And my new Taste of Home magazine came last week so I've been dog-earing recipes in there, too!

For this week, though:

Monday - Grilled Chicken Breasts, Very Yummy Rice*, Green Beans
Tuesday - Beef Roast in Crockpot (maybe a new recipe?), Rolls, Corn
Wednesday - Sweet'n'Sour Chicken over Rice
Thursday - Homemade Pizza and Smoothies
Friday - Chili (another possible new recipe), Cornbread
Saturday - Venison Stroganoff, Rice, Peas
Sunday - Leftover Sweet'n'Sour Chicken over Rice

*new recipe, I hope to post it if it turns out well.

I haven't finalized which recipes I'm going to use for Tuesday and Friday, but I will before I go shopping tomorrow. Hopefully I can find recipes that won't call for any ingredients I don't already have :) I'm a little curious about White Chicken Chili - I've heard about it a lot but have never had it. If you have a good recipe, feel free to share a link or the actual recipe in the comments, or you can email me through the Contact Me button on my sidebar.

This post is linked to Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday

7 comments:

Cate said... [Reply to comment]

Oh gosh, white chicken chili! Yum! I will totally send you my recipe--my mom has a good one. I'll email it to you, as it's kind of long.

Do you like Taste of Home? I've looked at their recipes online and tried a few (and loved them!), but we eat vegetarian pretty frequently--do most of their dishes involve meat?

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like you are branching out! Let us know how the Very Yummy Rice turns out. I might want to try it! I think we will be eating leftovers and stuff from the freezer this week. I cooked a lot last week, and I think I need to get some other things done now, so it's time to stop cooking for a little while.

RochelleS said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Miriam,

Sorry, I'm just kind of a lurker here. I don't have a homepage of my own, but love to follow yours. I'm excited for you with your "baby George" on the way!!! We have a "baby Sam" due in May and we're also not finding out what we're having. I'm also planning on using cloth diapers. Here's my email if you'd ever like to visit more-preciousr99@hotmail.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my recipe for White Chili, it's a very good soup and not sure if you've checked out Recipezaar.com, but it rocks. Here's the recipe:http://www.recipezaar.com/White-Chili-With-Navy-Beans-281318

Rochelle

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like a yummy week. We love Chicken Chili. I've also heard it called White Lightning Chili. On the back of the Bush's Great Northern Beans is a great recipe. I've used it in the past, it's super good. http://www.bushbeans.com/recipes/showRecipes.php?val=282

Ann said... [Reply to comment]

I got this recipe from Caren C. who got it from Tami J. so you know it is really good. The only thing I do differently is add 1 tsp of cumin and usually only use one can of chilis so it isn't too spicy for my girls. It is great with a loaf of fresh baked bread. (I also don't always use the whipping cream but add a little butter to the same amount of milk to thicken it.) Let me know if you decide to try it or have any questions.

Ann said... [Reply to comment]

oops - I forgot the link.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Creamy-White-Chili-140559

Tammy said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Miriam,

I like your home page. If reminds me of growing up in Indiana. My aunt was an awesome cook and baker. I didn't learn much about cooking when I was younger. I wish I had spent more time in the kitchen with my aunt. You are light years ahead of were I was in my mid twenties. I made biscuits once that were as hard as hockey pucks and tasted fishy.

Anyway, I will be coming back to visit your site. I posted a link on my menu plan for a Chicken Salsa Chili on my blog. We made a few adjustments that I post the following day. The kids loved this chili and most items I already had on hand.

Come visit me sometime.