Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan. 11

Whew, menu planning is getting interesting. I need to find an easy way to come up with new recipes. I look through my homemade cookbook and see the same recipes over and over again. Not that there's anything wrong, I just don't want to make the same thing over and over again :P Somehow when I'm flying by the seat of my pants on the menu thing it doesn't seem as complicated... but then neither am I as prepared!! I've spent some time this week looking through cookbooks for ideas and I think I have a few in mind for next week.

For this week, though, it's tried'n'true stuff:

Monday - Leftover Showalter's Chicken Casserole, Corn
Tuesday - 4 Cheese Pasta and Beef Casserole, Salad
Wednesday - Chicken Enchiladas
Thursday - Crockpot Beef and Barley Stew, Frozen Rolls
Friday - Marinaded and Baked Chicken, Aunt Eva's Mac'n'Cheese, Salad
Saturday - Supper with the in-laws
Sunday - Leftover Beef and Barley Stew, Rolls

This post is linked to Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday where there are piles and piles of menu plans linked up every week that you can browse through.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

I hear you! I've been hard at work looking through recipes for new favorites too :)

annies home said... [Reply to comment]

I actually have found lots of great meal ideas on different blogs perhaps that would work for you as well

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Ahhh...I need to jot down my menus for this week. I have them rolling around in my head, I just need to get them on the paper.

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said... [Reply to comment]

I love good ol' tried and true recipes but I know what you mean about the rut! Congrats on the baby and Happy MPM!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Hmmm...where's that couscous? We've enjoyed some couscous meals lately.

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

I tell you, it's hard when you get stuck in a rut. My new favorite cookbook is one called More With Less. It's got a lot of "from-scratch" cooking recipes in there. Super easy too! You week looks good and I might have to try that Chicken Casserole soon!