Sunday, January 10, 2010

32 Weeks

Here's Mama and Baby George at about 32 weeks!! Somehow I still don't feel nearly as big as I look. I look in the mirror or see pictures and go "Yikes, I'm alot bigger than I feel." But I guess getting bigger is a good thing at this point since Baby is really packin' on the pounds now, gaining about 8oz a week between now and birth. Little Baby George (as we still call him or her) weighs about 3.75 lbs and is almost 17" long. The only thing he or she really needs to do between now and being born is grow!

I am still feeling really good. Going to bed earlier (something I'm doing much more consistently) has really been great. I get up in the mornings (earlier than usual!) feeling rested and ready to go for the day. It's great. I realize it's not going to be the same for a while once the baby is born, but for now I'm enjoying it!!

Tonight I got my first "you look like you're going to go sooner" comment. Well, really the second since last week my chiropractor told me there's no way I'm going to last till March. Who knows? The baby will come when the baby comes :)

I noticed my feet swelling for the first time this week. It seems to mostly come from sitting at the table, which is where I do almost all of my sit-down work (blogging, planning, etc.). So far it has not been very bad, and it seems to go down quickly once I get them propped up. I don't know what they do throughout the day... I have shoes on so I can't tell :) They look fine when I take my shoes off, so I imagine that being up and moving around they don't swell.

We started our birth class this past Thursday night. We have two more yet. A friend at church is a childbirth instructor and she comes to our house. I really enjoy the one-on-one, what she's teaching us is tailored specifically to us and we can ask questions to our hearts content. Thursday night she went over the 3 stages of labor and delivery and we practiced a relaxation technique (which we are supposed to practice on our own... better remember to do it!). There wasn't anything Thursday that I didn't already have some kind of idea about, but it was nice to have it all laid out and talked about in detail so I know better what will (hopefully) happen.

For those of you with curious minds, my "birth plan" at this point is: Get as far as I can/want to/feel like and then get an epidural (and if I feel like going the whole way without an epidural, more power to me, but I'm a firm believer that if you're in pain and there's a way to dull the pain, go for it. I'm not too stubborn for pain meds!!). I'm not interested in the labor being rushed (induced or sped along) and I want to avoid a C-section if possible. I want to keep a very open mind, though, that things don't always go the way we "plan" and God might have something different in mind!!

Now I must get off of here and get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow with MOPS in the morning, a Dr. appointment at noon and all the other Monday stuff on my list :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

more power to you for even planning on beginning the baby cranking out without an epidural. I am glad that I don't have to worry about that. I really don't think I could handle it! I' have to be epiduralized before the labor started I think! Good luck! Julia

Meghan said... [Reply to comment]

Just think of it as You don't look big but the baby is getting bigger : ) It's all for a good cause!

Sounds like you have a good plan. I was induced with a pill because of high blood pressure. Everything turned out fine but going into labor naturally would be exciting I think.

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

How exciting, your getting closer!! I hope you still blog after the baby so we can see some pics of the little one :)

Katie @ Frugal Femina said... [Reply to comment]

You're so cute! :-)

big sis said... [Reply to comment]

I think you look really good and not very big for so close to due. Atleast not as big as I felt and thought I looked at that point. Your face looks thin...no puffing up for you! Gail