Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan. 4

Wow, the first week of January already!! Our schedule has been so un-normal the past couple weeks that it felt strange to sit down and plan a menu, but I know I will be so thankful for it each day when I don't have to wonder "hmm, what should we eat?"

Our hamburger and chicken meat supply is starting to run low, so in an effort to keep the budget down this week so I can have extra money to replenish those things, I've been careful to create a menu that requires only a couple "new groceries." This week will use up our ground beef stash, but with not needing to buy lots of "extras" I should be able to get a couple pounds to replenish.

Monday - Ham and Stuffing leftover from New Year's Day, Corn
Tuesday - Bean Pie (using up the extra topping that has been in my "odds & ends" freezer collection), Salad
Wednesday - Showalter's Chicken Casserole
Thursday - Stuffed Peppers, Salad
Friday - Crockpot Dill Roast, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (from freezer), Green Beans
Saturday - hopefully Daniel's family Christmas that got postponed in Dec.
Sunday - Taco Soup

To see more menu plans, hop on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday post where lots of people share their weekly menu plans!

1 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds good! I think I need to get back into menu planning also.