Monday, December 7, 2009

Entering the Third Trimester

I can't decide which picture I like best (out of the 20 or however many we took), so I posting both of these. I don't think I look this big in real life, but maybe I do :P
It seems like just a couple days ago when it felt like the weeks were dragging! Like "now" was never going to get here, like being pregnant was going to last "forever." Now I am realizing (of course I always KNEW) that it is very most definitely NOT going to last forever and it is not much longer at all until Baby George will be in my arms instead of my belly! I think the month of December is going to be non-existent in this pregnancy. Just the hubbub of the Christmas Season and all the goings on, it is going to fly past much too quickly. Which kinda means only 2 months until Baby is born instead of the 3 it really is. I need to get crackin' on getting things ready for Baby!!

I am still feeling great! Even better than I was, actually! All the pregnancy reads say you "must" sleep with a pillow between your knees after a certain point in the pregnancy (comfort, circulation, hips alignment, etc.). I chalked the pain I was having up to "this must be my pregnant body and it's just the way it is", but my hips were killing me every night. I would wake up many, many, many times in the night with whichever hip I was lying on hurting so badly. And it was torture to roll over, especially since I knew that in a short while THAT hip was going to be hurting just as much and I'd have to repeat the process. As a result of the poor sleep at night I was ex.haust.ed so many of the days it wasn't funny. It was nothing for me to sit down on the couch and totally pass out for a 3 or 4 hour nap and be tired again come night-time.
Then one Sunday afternoon just a week ago, I somehow didn't use the pillow between my knees for my Sunday afternoon nap. I couldn't sleep (for whatever reason), but when I got up I realized that my hips never hurt and I wasn't sore!! That night I slept without the pillow between my knees and NEVER WOKE UP from 10:30pm - 6:30am!!! I was SO excited I literally jumped up and down when I got out of bed! (Daniel thought I was a tad crazy...) Since then, no pillow for me! I'm still using that same pillow (it's just a small one) to snuggle with, put under my belly, or behind my back to lean on, but I am sleeping SO much better! I have more energy than I thought I was going to have at this point! My afternoon naps are much shorter since I'm not so dead tired every day. It's like a new me!

On the Baby front, our little baby is not so little anymore! He or She now weighs right around 2lbs and is getting fatter every day! He or She is about 14-15" from head to toe, and is starting to open and close their eyes. I'm feeling lots of wiggles and hiccups now, and I'm pretty sure they have a sleep/wake cycle going on. Things will be quiet for a while, then lots of action for a bit. I haven't had any heartburn or reflux yet, and still have my fingers crossed that I won't (one of my sisters didn't). No weird food cravings, either, unless I happen to not get much meat in a day for whatever reason. I gotta have my meat!!

We're getting more and more excited every day, but also anxious when we realize how quickly our life is going to TOTALLY change (for the better!) and the adjustments that I'm sure will go with having a baby in our family. Daniel loves my pregnant belly and I'm really, really enjoying being pregnant. It's hard to explain. I can't say it's something I would "do" just because I love it so much, but I guess I'm just enjoying it more than I usually hear people talk about. Oh yes, there are certainly difficulties! I had to try and couple different ways before I could get my socks and shoes on yesterday. Washing the floor on my hands and knees doesn't happen anymore because it makes my back muscles spasm and hurt incredibly bad. Shaving my legs... WHOLE different ball game when you have a basketball in the way! But I have to say I think the joys of being pregnant FAR outweigh and are very worth every bit of the discomforts.

10 comments:

mint said... [Reply to comment]

nice pics! Enjoy the sleep while you can.......................

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

I want to cry for you, I'm so excited!! You look beautiful, you sound so happy!! And great call on the pillow! I wouldn't have put those 2 together and now I think about the excruciating hip pain I had with all 3 of mine... Hmmmm...

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

Love the pics - love baby bellies...I slept in a nest of pillows, one behind me, one under my belly on my side, one between my knees and two under my head. But I slept good so that's what mattered :) Enjoy it while you can, before you know it, the little one will be here and sleep will be a distant memory :)

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Great pictures! I will have to read the post later. You look great!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I'm really glad you're enjoying this pregnancy so much. Somehow, the memories of mine are dimming with time, but I remember that especially with Paul, there was nothing fun about it for much of the time. But, that was due to problems that hopefully you'll never have, and I didn't have many of those problems with Hannah, but I was so busy when I was pregnant with her, I don't remember "enjoying" being pregnant. My mind was totally taken up otherwise. Keep up the good "mothering" of your baby & body!

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

These pics are so cute. You look so happy!I think your so smart to get all your naps in now before it's too late :)

Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

Katie, Haha! These pictures were taken moments before I crawled in bed dog-tired at 11pm :P

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said... [Reply to comment]

You are so pretty!!!

I love(d) being pregnant, too--well, with Kait and Noah. There were too many health issues with Nik to enjoy the latter part of his pregnancy. It is just so amazing to know that there is a person, a little baby, growing inside of you.

Enjoy these moments. :)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

My pregnancy with Eden was just as you describe! Bliss! You look great! Oh, and great job listening to you body!! Your body (and your baby) know what you need more than some pregnancy book!

Cate said... [Reply to comment]

You're so cute! I'm glad you're enjoying your pregnancy. I had a difficult one, but most of my memories of it are fond ones. I could never sleep well with a pillow, either.