Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day-to-Day Menu Plan:

With the garden coming in in a major fashion this week (zucchini, squash, tomatoes & corn), I pretty much just have to figure out what meat I want to have for supper, and then take my pick of whatever fresh vegetable I choose :)

Last night we had Bone-In Chicken Breasts (pan baked with a little seasoning), corn on the cob, zucchini patties & fresh tomato slices. It was SOOO good. The nice thing was that the chicken breasts were HUGE! Like turkey-sized huge. Maybe those chickens were raised next to the nuclear plant... anyhoo, neither of us ate a whole piece, and there were 3 in the package, so I will be taking the leftover meat to make tonight's supper.

Here's what I'm thinking right now (subject to change if I change my mind, of course):

Robin's Chicken Casserole
I don't think I've posted this recipe before, it's a really good one! It takes sour cream and chicken broth, both of which I have an abundance of, and then a topping of buttered Herbed Stuffing. A very nice, creamy, crunchy, chicken casserole :)

Fried Zucchini
Phoebe made some fabulous fried zucchini for us when we stopped in (another part of our vacation story that I have yet to get around to telling...) and it was the first time I'd had it. It was SO good! She shared her "recipe" with me and I hope to imitate it tonight since I have lots of zucchinis to use!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I must gird up my loins and go back out and shuck the corn I pulled this morning. I dumped it all under a big tree so I should be able to sit in the shade and sip lemonade while doing it. I'm kidding about the lemonade part, but I guess I could if I had some. I will drag one of our lawn chairs over to sit in, and I haven't decided what I'm going to put the shucks in - not to mention all the wormies I'm sure I'll find. Maybe I'll take one of the large kitchen trash cans out to hold them. It's pretty warm today, but there's a slight breeze so that will help.

0 comments: