Tuesday, December 9, 2008

You Ask, I'll Answer

I have just spent a major portion of today online. Reading, researching, reading, finding new blogs, reading, ...

I did some housework, too! I cleaned up the kitchen which meant unloading the dishwasher, reloading and starting it, unloading the dishdrainer, washing a few dishes, and wiping off the counters. I also did a load of laundry. Well, washed it and then put it in the dryer to dry. I haven't folded and put it away yet. Oh, I also put away the step stool. It's been in the kitchen for 200 years now and I was getting tired of walking around it, so I took the .05 seconds it takes and put it where it belongs.

And I took a shower - I was in bad need of one. Oh, I did an exercise DVD, too. I was already in bad need of a shower, I figured I'd get good and sweaty and make the shower really worth it. I've figured out what we're having for supper, but I haven't gotten the pork chops out of the freezer yet. I went out to the car to get my keychain so I could register online at CVS.

And I decided I needed to post something today, but I haven't a clue what. So I'm borrowing an idea from a really cool blog that I just spent waaaay too much time reading, and let y'all ask me questions. Any questions. And I'll answer them in the next day or two. Or three. Depending on how fast I feel like getting around to it :P

So click on that little comments link down there, and start askin' away!

Now I must tear myself away from here and go get some more stuff done. At least make it LOOK like I did something. And listen to the radio some more. I love me some good Christmas music!!

6 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

How far are you on remodeling your house, and how far do you have to go until you are finished? Or, is this going to be a life-long project?

Janelle said... [Reply to comment]

Ok...I've been curious awhile: From where does "Mayhersh" originate? I am always interested in how folks come up with their nicknames. :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

isn't the full name "Mayhershala Hashbaz"? haha!
I'm curious to see your answer to Janelle's question.

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Aha! May I add my explanation to Janelle's question. It's at least partly from Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz, the name Isaiah was to give his son (as I understand it) in Is. 8:1 and 3. It means "hurrying to the spoils, hastening to the prey", or as the Bible's footnote has it, "quick to the plunder, swift to the spoil". That word was common in our family after we learned it and it's meaning from the writings of Corrie ten Boom--it was the name of the ten Boom family's cat.

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

P.S. I'm waiting to see what Miriam says about Mayhersh! Get on with the blog answers--maybe someone will come up with an even more interesting question that I haven't thought of.

Hey, for the next blog thing, why don't you through out some answers and ask people to come up with some questions that fit them!

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for linking to my blog! =)

What's one of your favorite things about your husband?