Monday, December 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today, Monday December 8, 2008

Outside my window... it's chilly, cloudy, and I haven't heard the little birdy that I've been hearing the past several mornings... maybe he's taking the day off or I just missed him. I loved listening to him tweet.

I am thinking... I had to remind myself Saturday and yesterday that while I was missing Daniel (he was gone all day Saturday and had another call yesterday afternoon) and wished he didn't have as many calls, that I HAVE been hoping and praying for a colder winter so that Daniel's work would pick up after such a slow summer. So I am thankful for the answer to prayer :) I also thought this morning that if we ever decide to invest, we could invest in the Puffs Plus Tissues company. I have used enough of them this past week!!

I am thankful for... I guess the previous one kinda was a thankful thing, too. I am thankful for time that Daniel and I do have together. Last night just snuggling on the cough for a long time, being able to eat breakfast this morning and have some time together before he had to leave for work since he didn't have to leave as early as usual. I'm thankful for the little tiny bit of snow we had Saturday, it was so pretty while it lasted!! I am thankful that it is cold outside, and that we have a sturdy, well insulated house with a good heat pump system that keeps us warm.

From the kitchen... the kitchen will be the main focus of my chores today. The dishwasher is unloaded and ready for another load, a few big, clean dishes need put away, and a few big, dirty dishes need washed.

I am wearing... clothes :P

I am going... we may go Christmas shopping this evening, otherwise I'm staying home :)

I am reading... nothing. I should get some books from the church library again sometime soon. But I know I would get my nose buried in them and not get anything else.

I am hoping... for an un-hurried December/New Year's. I really want to be able to enjoy the Christmas season and not be all in a tizzy.

I am creating... Christmas gifts :) I hope to be able to at least get started on the sewing today. I got some fabric cut out yesterday, and would love to get them finished and wrapped this week.

I am hearing... Christmas music playing on the radio.

Around the house... I need to put away the clothes drying rack, it's been out long enough :P

One of my favorite things... the Christmas season :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... I'm not sure yet. To be over this cold completely would be one thing!! Wrapping gifts, get started on Christmas cards, who knows ? :)

A picture thought... This is what our sunrises have been looking like lately. This is looking out the office window, so this is what I see most mornings when I'm in here on the computer. I'm later than usual this morning since I did other stuff first. And didn't go back to bed! I actually don't feel like going back to bed this morning, which is FINE!! Means I'm feeling better :)

4 comments:

Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

He does HVAC work. I like it busy enough to be steady enough that he gets some OT on the paycheck, I really liked the extra day with him when it was so slow they were cut back to 4 day weeks but the paycheck made it hard to stretch, and I don't like it when it's so busy we say "Goodmorning & goodbye, hello & goodnight" and that's all we see of each other... but I love those paychecks!! I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. He's on call every 4th or 5th week, and he was on call this past week.

Clothes drying rack... LOL, you'd need 6 for it to work for a family of 6 :) It's just one of those wooden dowel rack thingys that collapses. I was using it to dry some sweaters on that I didn't want to run through the dryer.

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Glad you're starting to feel better! I too hope Dec. and the New Year are un-hurried. Ha! I keep reminding myself to do less. I have just done kid-care and self-care today (well, I did vacuum the foors, at least the middles where big food crumbs were). I will soon put them to bed, clean up the kitchen, and then start on my Christmas stuff. Ha! And tomorrow I am going up to Gail's all day, with the kids, and well, we'll see how useful we can be. We're having a good time though. We've had a great day, just being home after our weekend of extra things.

P.S. I've been missing my husband too, for over a mo. now, with him working from morning until mid-night or one o'clock every day and night. It keeps the clients happy--and Andrew's eyes red.

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

I love your picture thought :) So peaceful.

Christina Joy said... [Reply to comment]

Love it! I'm off to *borrow* your Daybook thema and post on my site! Have a great night!