Monday, December 1, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 1, 2008

For today, December 1, 2008
Outside my window... the sky is gray, but it looks like there might be some blue trying to peek out here and there. It looks drab and like a good day to stay in bed with a good book, but I'm stiff from being in bed too long last night.
I am thinking... that I'd best start drinking a ton of water. I woke up with a scratchy throat yesterday morning, and by afternoon it was classified sore, and by the time we got home from church, it was MAJORLY sore. Of course the stuffed/runny nose thing... I feel yuck.
I am thankful for... the good times we had with our families over Thanksgiving, and the safety in travelling.
From the kitchen... a mountainous pile of "big" dirty dishes needs taken care of, but I need to mix up a batch of homemade dishwasher detergent before I can run the dishwasher.
I am wearing... my pink bathrobe and slippers... I might stay in them all day. I don't feel like getting dressed right now.
I am going... probably back to bed this afternoon for a nap.
I am reading... nothing but blogs lately. I almost checked some books out of the church library yesterday, but figured I'd just stick my nose in them and never pull it out for the rest of the week and therefore not get anything else done.
I am hoping... that this cold thing goes away really super-high-speed fast so I don't have to miss any of the last practices for our Christmas concert that is in 2 weeks.
I am creating... _______.
I am hearing... I will probably put on some soft Christmas music a little later.
Around the house... I don't know... yeah, I'm starting to feel really really blah. I should probably take some Advil Cold & Sinus to feel better.
One of my favorite things... not being sick.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Daniel and I are going to spend a little time Saturday doing some Christmas shopping, and WRAP THE PRESENTS as soon as we get home!!!
I have no picture thought to share with you. If I did it would probably be green-snot-filled tissues, and I know you don't want to see that. I need to load some nice pictures onto the computer and simply don't feel like it. I know people are "dying" to see the dining room progress - the paint colors and the chair-rail, but you will just have to wait my dear friends. Besides, that insures that you'll check back again... :P

2 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Have you gotten the flu shot? If you haven't you should!

Sorry you're feeling so rotten. I took a nap myself this morning, lying on the couch while Hannah was napping and Paul was reading his new books from the bookmobile, or lying on "his" couch (the love seat). I wasn't sick or anything, just recovering from about 4 big days in a row.

Get well soon!

Aliisa said... [Reply to comment]

From Aliisa:

Im sorry you feel so bad, I do hope you feel better soon. Try warm water with lemon and honey for your throat...it works wonders here at my house.

Get well soon!!!

oh and let me know how your detergent turned out. I found that mine works well with 1/2 tsp of store bought detergent.