Saturday, December 6, 2008

It Snowed and My Husband Is Really Sweet

Yay!!! It finally snowed here!!! It's just enough to give it the "look" of snow, but I'm sure it's not more than 1/4" or something. And I would've missed it if it wasn't for Daniel.

Now that it's snowed, it feels more "officially" Christmassy and wintry, though I know winter doesn't officially arrive until Dec. 21st. Crazy weather-man... I was listening to the radio on the way home this evening, and he was complaining about the cold!! C'mon, dude, it's barely snowed, it's not even 32° outside, and you're talking about "when will we get the winter-time average temperatures of 50° back??" Where is HIS yule-tide spirit? I think he needs to take a job a little further south if that's what he wants for winter weather. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Yes, he did ask me what I thought. Ok, not really, but I'm telling him anyway.

And my wonderful hunny-pot, Daniel :) I love that man. I really do. Our plans to go Christmas shopping this morning, come home and wrap the gifts this afternoon and then go to our choir Christmas party this evening totally got smashed. Daniel is on call this week. He's been out on a couple calls a few evenings, getting home later than normal. This morning we were about to get ready to go and his pager went off. He was out running calls from 10:30 to 10:30. While I really missed having him around for the day, I really appreciate his willingness to do what he needs to do without complaining. We joked that today was making up for all the short work weeks this summer.

I didn't realize that he'd had something up his sleeve for today, though. I piddled around the house doing a little of this and a little of that and alot of nothing this afternoon, spending the whole day in my bathrobe and slippers. I mixed up pumpkin bread to take to the choir party in the event he was able to finish his calls (and not get any more) in time to go. I took a shower and climbed back into my bathrobe and slippers :) About the time I knew he wasn't going to be able to get off for the party, I called the hostess to let her know. Shortly after that, Daniel called to say he still had one more call to go on, but he needed me to meet him 'cause he had something he needed me to pick up. I couldn't figure it out, but didn't have the brain power to give it too much thought. He sounded in a hurry, so I let it go. He did say that I needed to get dressed! :P I asked him "how much dressed?" I couldn't tell if this meant "throw a coat on over the bathrobe", "put real clothes on" or "dress nice enough". LOL. He said casual was fine. I put on jeans, a turtleneck, flannel shirt and my home, dingy white sneakers.

I pulled into the parking lot where we were meeting and he came over to the car. He got in and after a minute he pulled something out of his pocket and said "I have to do something I really don't want to do, but I don't have any other choice". I'm thinking... ok, you're going to kidnap me off to Hawaii in the work van (which would be a HUGE no-no. Not taking me to Hawaii, but using the work van!!), you want ME to go do something work related for you... I was puzzled. Then he explained that the piece of paper from his pocket was Kohl's Cash, and that he'd wanted to "wander" me into Kohl's while we were shopping today and figure out what to get me for Christmas. The hard part came when he still had another call to go on, it was 7pm, and the coupon expired TODAY... and it was a nice sum of $$, too!! Not something to just "oh well" at if it expired (to me, anyway! I'm sure to some people it would be pocket change). So I was supposed to take the coupon and go buy whatever I wanted for Christmas, and he would wrap it and give it to me at Christmas. LOL, I wished I'd worn something other than a flannel shirt and dingy sneakers... but I didn't have a choice at that point, and honestly, I didn't care too much. I'm sure if I was feeling better I would, but I look like a sick cow, so if I'd worn nicer clothes I would've just looked like a sick cow in nicer clothes coughing and hacking my way around a nice department store!

What a sweetie-pie :) I have an inkling of where the Kohl's Cash came from, but I have been instructed (by Daniel) that I can only ask questions on Jan. 2nd (after my family's Christmas). So I'm trying to not let my imagination run too wild.

So I drove across the street to the mall, and drove around it twice looking for Kohl's. I was thinking that the mall probably closed at 9, and it was getting closer and closer to 8. I did a very silly thing and called my Computer Whiz brother in law, Andrew, and had him look up which mall Kohl's was at! LOL!! Thank you, Andrew, for rescuing me!! It turned out that there wasn't a Kohl's at that mall like Daniel and I had both thought, so I had to drive about 30 minutes to get to the one with a Kohl's. And I had to pee. Oh, I had to pee SO BAD, and each time I coughed didn't help things. I even went before I left!! All this water drinking for this cold has it's side effects, that's fer-sher. I didn't want to run in the store and ask where the bathroom was - that would be plain down right rude, but I also didn't want to have to walk in the store with wet pants!! I managed to get there and find the restroom, and also was greatly relieved (NO pun intended!!!) to see that tonight was the last night that they were open till midnight. Shew! I didn't have to shop in 30 minutes!!

I took a lot of time, picked out a few things, and Daniel was able to come after his last call and I let him decide what to get from what I'd picked out - and he picked out something else that I hadn't noticed :) And no, I'm not telling what it is :) But I AM really excited to open my gifts Christmas Day!!!! He's not a sweetie just because he got me gifts, he's a sweetie anyway, I just thought it was really cute and sweet how he handled having me go get my own gifts.

I love you, Daniel!!!! And I can't wait until I get over this $%&*#(@#(*& cold so I can kiss you properly again!!

Oh yeah... I didn't know it was snowing until I went outside to get in the car to go meet Daniel. I was shocked to open the back door and step on snow! It hadn't been warm and sunny, but I just wasn't expecting snow. Hoping for it yes, but not expecting it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Awwww. I got all teary eyed. That's just so sweet :) You were blessed with a terrific husband!! What a sweetheart :) and I know you weren't serious but... there are a TON of houses for sale up here :) Hahaha.

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad it all turned out so well. I'm anxious to hear all about the item, and all the "hidden" details. Hmmm...are you good at building suspense, or what? By the way, I'm sure you could have found out where the nearest Kohl's was with just a few clicks of your mouse--it's just that you were far from your computer and "mouse hole"! I'm so glad Andrew could help you out.