Friday, December 26, 2008

Blogging Hiatus

And I hope I spelled "hiatus" right...

I've decided that as much as I love, love, love to blog and read blogs, I'm going to declare this next several days a break for me. I've missed reading everyone's blogs the past week while our internet/computer troubles were going on, so I know I'll have to declare a few "catch-up" days when I start back up.

Last night after our Christmas Dinner, we played a couple fun games of Apples to Apples, then stopped by Daniel's parents on the way home. It was nice to hang out with them for a few more lazy minutes :) Their house will be filled to the brim later on this weekend with everyone coming home!! I can't wait to meet my newest niece, Beth, whom Jeremy & Lynn just adopted (as a newborn). She will already be a month old till I get to snuggle and cuddle with her and sniff all those yummy baby smells that babies have!!

After Daniel left this morning (I know, he's one of the rare dudes that don't have the Friday after holidays off) I cut up the loaf of bread machine bread for dressing and chucked it in the oven to dry out. Then I (shhh!) jumped back in bed between our flannel sheets and snuggled in for a long winter's nap. Did I need it? Nope, not a bit, but I sure wanted it! And since today is another "low key" day even though I have a list of things I need to get done, I decided to grab it while I had the chance! I don't think sleeping in will be on my list for SEVERAL days... it just won't be happenin'.

Well, I'd better got check on those bread cubes to make sure they aren't going up in charcoal flames, get dressed, roll up my sleeves and get to work.

I love it that some radio stations are still playing Christmas music... I hate it when they quit cold turkey at midnight Christmas day as if "ok, no more Christmas spirit"... yeah right. Sorry guys, but "long live Christmas music!!" At least until New Years Day!!

Ok, I will see you all sometime later. I'm not sure when "later" is, but I promise to come back with lots of pictures, tales, stories, etc.

Later!

2 comments:

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to hear that you had a nice Christmas. :0)

Busy Busy Busy......seems like everyone is.

I worked 2 days on the twins bedroom! WHEW! I hope it lasts. I cleaned out a bunch and you can see their closet floor! So, I'm hoping they can keep it clean now. I sorted all of their totes and got it organized. I'll have to take some pictures and post on my blog. Yeah, sounds like a good bloggy thing....my kids bedroom. Well, part of my kids....lol!

Hugs,
Angie

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Miriam. Hope your Christmas was nice. I hate it too when they quit playing the Christmas music cold turkey! I only got to hear my favorite Christmas song 1 time during Christmas this year. That was in K-Mart on my way out!! It's the one by Bruce Springsteen, "Santa Clause is Coming to Town." I just love that one!! :0)

Anyway, Hope your Hiatus goes over well. Big Hugs,
Angie