Monday, November 24, 2008

A Mad Woman

is what I am right now. Company is coming for dinner in 4 hours and I need to get the house straightened up. Daniel and I were up until 1:15am this morning, he was finishing one side of the dining room chair-rail, cleaning up the sawdust, and hauling all his saws, tools, nail-gun, air compressor, etc. out of the dining room and down into the celler. I was doing some "catch-all" spot cleaning. I cleaned the bathroom sink which was filthy, picked up the trash out of the bathroom (somehow the trashcan got "stolen" for the last trip to the dump and hadn't been returned so it was collecting in it's place - please tell me you never do that!), ran the dishwasher and did 2 loads of laundry.

There is still a big streak of flour on the kitchen floor from when a measuring cup got knocked off the counter the other day, the whole house needs dusted, the bathroom floor and toilet need washed, the hardwood floors swept and the kitchen and pantry swept and washed. And of course the food to make!

So if you don't see me around for the rest of the day... you know where I am!!!

(Oh, did I mention that I spent the morning babysitting, so nothing got done here?) Thankfully most of the dishes are clean and the kitchen isn't too bad... once I sweep up that flour I know the world will be a brighter place! LOL!

3 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Well, I don't think I have done the no-trash-can pile since we've been married. Sometimes I start putting trash in a can before I get the bag replaced, but I try not to do that very often.

Hey, try having your house like that all the time, and baby-sitting all day every day! That's what it's like when you have your own kids. It's call adjustments and reality.

I'm trying to get things ready for Friday here, and well, oh well!

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck w/dinner & your company.

Hugs~!

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck.