Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Evening Randomness

  • I love my Kitchen Aid Electric Hand Mixer. It's so quiet! I'd never used one before, but hated (thoroughly, downright, refused to use it hated) my jet-engine other one and figured you couldn't go too wrong with the Kitchen Aid name. So I put it on my Christmas List and got one! Yay!

  • I just put the first pan of Coconut Oatmeal Cookies in the oven. And no, I didn't use the mixer. I just used elbow grease and a spoon.

  • It is getting very cold tonight. And supposed to stay very cold for several days. Brr. But I hung laundry outside today and I think it dried all the way. I need to check it because it was too cold to tell if it was dry or damp when I brought it in.

  • I wonder if chef's silently critique restaurant food when they go out to eat (ie, take their wives on a date)?

  • We had our first weekly business meeting tonight. I think it was a good thing we should continue.

  • Daniel is being thrifty - he has a bunch of short 2x4's that had been used before (so they have nails in them), and they are just right for blocking between the floor joists. So instead of paying for and using more 2x4s just to cut into little pieces, he's out pounding out nails right now.

  • And that's all I came up with in the time I had to peck out some blog fodder :P

3 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I like your blog fodder!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

We did the same thing as Daniel when remodeling the chicken house into a shop. Other than the electrical stuff, siding and all the hook up stuff for the big compressor we used all stuff that we saved from cleaning up the collapsed part of the chicken house. It does really save money! Julia

Mama said... [Reply to comment]

I have a kitchenaid hand mixer. I love it! I don't have a stand mixer... I want one, but my hand mixer does the trick for now!