Friday, November 20, 2009

Grocery Roundup 11/20

Today is Friday and I didn't go shopping until this afternoon. There weren't any great and wondrous sales this week (of things I needed/wanted) so I didn't feel like I needed to rush out and grab the good deals before the shelves were cleared.

I didn't have the gumption to take a picture this week, so words will have to do.

Kroger

1 Gal Milk - $2.99
(3) 8oz. blocks cheese - $1.67 ea.
(2) 5lb. Gold Medal Bread Flour - $1.99 ea.
(1) 5lb. Kroger AP Flour - $1.66
Reynolds Turkey Sized Oven Bags, 2ct - $1.00
Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes (3oz) - FREE
48oz. Wesson Oil - $2.19
200 ft. Kroger Plastic Wrap* - $1.49
1 head Lettuce - $1.45
10.5oz bag Lays Chips - $2.50
18ct. Kroger Large Eggs - $2.37

Shelf Price - $32.00
OOP - $25.17
Saved - $10.83 or 34%

I was happy that my OOP was back down around $25. Knowing that there's likely to continue being a lot of good baking goods sales through the rest of the year, it's nice to have a low-spend week.

*I'm hoping the plastic wrap was not a waste of money. I've been using Sam's brand from Walmart, which works wonderfully. I've tried Great Value brand and Saran Wrap brand and I do NOT get along with either of them at all - they don't stick. At least for me. I just didn't feel like making a trip to Wally World for 1 item, and I'm doing some baking this evening that I need to be able to wrap up pretty good and didn't want to run out of what I have on hand.

3 comments:

Meghan said... [Reply to comment]

You should try Glad Cling Wrap atleast that is what I think its called. It sticks great!

Alta said... [Reply to comment]

I have never met a cling wrap that I liked. I just have such a difficult time with it and it sticks to anything that I don't want it to.
Love your blog!

Cate said... [Reply to comment]

I use Glad Cling Wrap, too. It works great! I think it's the only plastic wrap I've ever used that actually sticks.