Monday, October 26, 2009

High Gear

Since I'm all about "keepin' it real" on here, I'll just go ahead and say it.

My name is Miriam and... I have a very.messy.kitchen.

There are my Sunday shoes... on the counter. Because they were in my full hands when I walked in the door yesterday afternoon and that's where it was easy to put them down. They are on a stack of coupon inserts. And a gallon of flax seed that one of Daniel's customers gave him because they weren't using it. What am I going to do with it?? And the empty Dr. Pepper can that fell off the counter and onto the floor when I was putting piling something else up there last night.Oh my. This section is a nightmare. You can't see it, but the sinks are full. (The dishwasher is clean!) My blender is still sitting there in all it's glory from when I made rice milk Thursday night. I have things piled on top of my canisters. Like a box of plastic wrap that belongs in the drawer over on the left side of the room. And there's flour underneath everything from when I made 7 pies Thursday evening. The box on the floor is clothes and baby stuff that I need to look through and put where it belongs.More flour. More stuff. Not a square inch to be found, unless I shove and scoot things out of the way - which is what I did this morning when I made Daniel's breakfast and lunch. The bar stool is great for holding even more stuff. Y'know, like the big, dirty bowls that won't fit on the counters because they are full. Just stack 'em on the stool is what I say! And this mountain of STUFF. There are bags of maternity clothes that someone gave me. Groceries from last Wednesday that I haven't had time to put away yet. (CLEAN!) Pans and what-not from Friday when I fed 40 people. Hard to tell what all I'll find in there when I get it cleaned up.

This morning I've had my "Breakfast of Champions." An egg, a piece of toast and a glass of Orange Juice to wash down my prenatal vitamin. Now I am ready to FACE THE DAY!
Later this afternoon I have another ultrasound to hopefully get a good look at Baby George's head/face. Last Friday (2 Friday's ago, really) when we had the main one, he (she?) wasn't cooperating too well, had her nose buried in my back and was being camera shy. So all the pictures we brought home are of the spine and hands and feet. Cute as they are, we still need to see your face, Baby! (And the ultrasound tech needs to look at some of Baby's "inside" things - like the top of the spine, etc. that she couldn't see last time.) Last night I finally got another "baby bump" picture taken, so I will post it this evening when I will hopefully have a good picture of Baby George :)

5 comments:

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

Miriam,

It all adds up quick on the counters then it seems like it takes forever to clean it all up!! I hate having messy counters but it happens all of the time! BLAH!

Hope you are feeling ok these days.

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my! Uhh...I thought I was having a not-on-top day. You sure are brave posting those pictures. I would have cried, then sent my kids outside and locked the door and worked like mad until I had at least the kitchen under control. Hang in there lady! I wish I could come help you!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Be sure to post some post-high-gear pictures!

Lucy said... [Reply to comment]

the flax seed: put it on your cereal or in your bread. It is supposed to have great nutritional value, which I can't remember right now.

Miriam said... [Reply to comment]

Lucy - In the bread, maybe. On my cereal? Like cold cereal??!! Not only would it look bad, but I don't know if I want to taste flax with my cereal.