Saturday, May 6, 2017

Tiny Talk Tuesday ~ No Noodles! ~ From May 2013

One day this past week we were eating leftovers for lunch which included some pasta.  Susannah was telling me about all the different plants we have in our garden.

"Peas, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower... MOM! Noodles! We don't have any growing noodles!!"

I tried to explain to her then that noodles don't grow on a plant, but instead they are made out of flour, eggs and water.

*****

At the supper table, Susannah reached over and pushed the short sleeve of Daniel's work shirt up. Then she wrapped both arms around his upper arm, gave his arm a big hug with the side of her face smooshed up against him and said "I LOVE your big muscle!!"

Daniel grins, flexes and a big S for Super-Daddy glows on his chest when she admires his strong biceps. :-) I hafta say... I kinda like them myself. ;-)

*****

After lunch today I had planned that we would run to a local produce farm to get another flat of jam berries. It was time to begin getting ready to go so I instructed Susannah to go to the bathroom by herself (which she can do). I turned the light on for her and went about my own preparations which included going outside. While outside, I hear "Moooom!! Mooooom!!!" coming from the open living room window. She had finished and walked out to the living room looking for me.

I went inside and she asked me to help pull up her pants as she was finished going potty. I noticed that her undies and capris were wet. I asked if she forgot to close her knees while she was on the potty and that's how her pants got wet. She said that wasn't the case. Then I asked her how her pants got wet and she said "I peed like a boy!" ... meaning, instead of sitting on the toilet like girls have to, she stood as she has seen some of her boy cousins do. Like Daniel said, "well, now she knows!" that it doesn't work that way for girls.

0 comments: