Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Been A Long Week

This week has been full of ups and downs... and hopefully we're on the up side instead of the down side! Monday I woke up feeling fine but by mid afternoon I had a whopper of a sore throat. Strep has been going around here lately and I was hoping very much that wasn't what I had. I self-medicated with lots and lots of Pineapple Juice. On top of me feeling bad, Susannah had an ear infection and was feeling pretty cruddy herself. We were both miserable. Needless to say, we functioned on the bare minimum all the way around most of the time.

On Tuesday Susannah was fussy all.day.long, and even more so in the evening. Then right before her bed time she perked up and was wide awake and wanted to be UP. I put her to bed but she just would not go to sleep. After several attempts to get her to settle down and go to sleep, I went in and snuggled with her in the rocking chair. She didn't want to snuggle, she wanted to wiggle. Then I put her in the bed and sat in the chair. She wiggled around and managed to sit up by herself... and then with lots of effort and repeated tries, she pulled up all by herself! Her first time doing it all by herself :)


That meant that project "lower the mattress sometime soon" immediately became "do it tonight yet". By the time that was done and she actually laid down and went to sleep it was 11pm.

Friday Susannah finally resumed eating her normal amounts of food again - whew! I was afraid she was going to dry up and blow away, she was eating so little (or so it seemed). And she's also acting her normal self again which is nice.

Last night I went to bed VERY early and a long night's sleep did wonders. I wasn't tired today and got quite a bit done. I made 2 batches of bread, too. The second batch I experimented, trying to imitate some store-bought herb flavored bread and I think I nailed it on the first try! My MIL even said I had it right, and she's the one who buys the store-bought version :)

Tonight Susannah went to bed late (we had company stop by) and I need to get to bed very soon. I think we'll all be getting baths in the morning so I need to get to sleeping so I can get up early and get all of that done.

Ugh... and I just remembered I washed a load of laundry that needs to go in the dryer!

So, yeah... we're still alive over here! And hopefully I'll stay that way if I can keep from coughing my lungs out :)

2 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad your week is ending on a good note. Maybe next week will be a really good one.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

What an adorable doll baby she is!!! I have been thinking about her birthday present and can't wait to mail it once I find it!
Auntie Juls