Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Random Bits and Pieces

Here are some bits and pieces from the past several days.

A few weeks ago, we got a bunch of new-to-us toys, including these big lego blocks that I found at a consignment store.  Susannah spent quite a while yesterday building this piece.  She called it a "train".

Today was very cloudy and supposed to rain (it never did).  Susannah was getting antsy and I really needed to get some cleaning done in the kitchen.  We had already done several things together so I knew she just needed something different.  I pulled out a 2lb. bag of dried beans, got out some stuff for her to scoop, dump, pour and mix with, and put it all on a blanket on the kitchen floor.  She had so much fun!  She played before lunch, after lunch, and after supper!  

It took me all of naptime, but I made homemade spaghetti for the first time.  It certainly took a bit of learning to figure out how the dough works the best for rolling it into spaghetti.  By the end of the batch, it was going fairly quickly.  This is only some of the "finished" product (uncooked).  It tastes great!!

Susannah reading to Sylvia. :-)

Yesterday morning Susannah and I brushed our hair together... and then we both put on our glasses.  Hers were borrowed from Mrs. Potato Head and I'm not sure how much they improved her vision.  :-)

Sylvia still sucks her fingers and likes to hold on to her blankie, too. :-)

0 comments: