Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Menu Plan... for real

It has been a very, very long time since I've had a written menu plan, or even an un-written menu plan.  I've been doing a lot of "you mean we have to eat again today?!" thinking, then scrounging around in my head trying to come up with what I can get made for dinner in the time that is left.  Some days I would come up with a plan earlier in the day, many days it was mid-afternoon or *ahem* even closer to dinner time before I'd have a plan (which by that time really is not a plan, it's a panic).

(My husband just showed me something on the guitar that he is practicing... it is totally foreign to me, but I'm happy that his practice is working even if "it's weird! But it makes perfect sense!"  :-) )

I have also been going through an extended time of little desire to cook or bake.  I am hoping that having a menu plan will help that.

Since Susannah is older (all of her almost 2 1/2 years "older") I have started thinking through breakfasts a little more.  This will be the first time I've planned a breakfast menu.

Monday: Breakfast - Oatmeal
                Dinner - Fish, Rice, Squash (if I can get some from my MIL) or another veg.

Tuesday: Breakfast - Pumpkin Muffins (already made), Yogurt/Fruit Smoothies
                Dinner - Chicken Fajitas

Wednesday: Breakfast - Eggs & Toast
                      Dinner (church night) - Hamburger Pot Pie

Thursday: Breakfast - Baked Oatmeal (I'm on the lookout for a GOOD recipe.  Send 'em my way!)
                   Dinner - Liver w/ Onions, Mashed Potatoes/Gravy, Corn on the Cob

Friday: Breakfast - French Toast, Yogurt/Fruit or Cottage Peaches*
              Dinner - Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad

Saturday: Breakfast - Cereal
                  Dinner - Leftovers

Sunday: Breakfast - Egg Casserole
               Lunch - Crock-pot Meal or Leftovers

Have a great week!

Oh, I almost forgot!  *Cottage Peaches is what Susannah came up with for Cottage Cheese and Peaches.  So now I just call it "Cottage Peaches".  :-)

2 comments:

Rachel said... [Reply to comment]

You and me both on wondering if it is really necessary to eat. I really like the dried apples for breakfast, water for lunch, and sit and swell up for supper menu! I have no appetite except for dark choc. so I am finding it difficult to decide what to fix as well. Let me know if you get a good recipe for baked oatmeal. I have been looking as well.

Mrs. Tara said... [Reply to comment]

Stumbled on your blog- loved reading your menu plan. Would love to have your recipe for Hamburger Pot Pie. Have a blessed day!