Sunday, April 1, 2012

A New Month to Renew Routines... hopefully?

Tomorrow marks my sweet daughter's 4-week birthday. Oh my, how those 4 weeks have gone by in a blur!! She no longer looks like a newborn. *sniff* Daniel commented yesterday that she looks like a little girl instead of a little baby. Well, she is certainly still very much a little baby, but I know what he means!


This past week started off great and ended with me floundering to get the basics of housework done. Laundry had piled up (clean and dirty), and I was starting the washing machine right before going to bed late last night so I would have a clean skirt to wear to church today. I felt like I was floundering. I know that it's ok... it really has only been 4 weeks since my life was turned upside down by childbirth and a new baby. :-) When I look over this past week and compare it to the week Sylvia was born, or even the week after she was born, we are much more back to "normal" now than we were then, so I know we ARE finding the new normal.

Yesterday and today I thought it might help if I went ahead and made up to-do lists for each day of this coming week. I think it will also help if I go back to an old "rule" I had that if I didn't get such-and-such accomplished on the day I had it down for, I let it go until the next week.

I have them all printed off and ready to go in the morning. They are very, very basic. Stuff like laundry, dishes and sweeping the floors. I'm a little excited to see how it goes! And on that note, I must go take advantage of the night and get some sleep.

2 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sure you're doing great! I think for a lot of people just going to church with a 4-week-old baby would be a huge feat. Keep taking naps and enjoy those baby girls--they will be all grown up really fast. (I can't believe how fast the last 5 1/2 years have gone for me.)

Cate said... [Reply to comment]

She is so beautiful! You're right, she doesn't look like a "newborn" anymore...just a little baby. :-)