Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekly Grocery Trip 4/22/2010

No picture, but it's a pretty minimal amount of loot that we got this week.

With the meals that were given to us we didn't have to cook as much (notice the "we?" :) ). But what we did use we needed to start restocking - meat and mayonnaise :P

All from Kroger:

(2) 18 ct. eggs
1 qt. Mayonnaise
1 qt. Miracle Whip (again, his 'n' hers)
1 gal. Orange Juice - $2.99
1 pint Sour Cream - $1.00
2 pkgs (3pc. ea.) B/S Chicken Breasts ($1.99/lb)
4.2lb. pkg. 80/20 Ground Angus Beef (Markdown) - $8.90

Total OOP - About $35

Daniel picked up the stuff without a price over the weekend and I know it was $13-ish, and what I got last night was $22-ish.

It's nice to have meat in the house again! Last evening I used the last 2 chic. breasts on supper, and we didn't have any beef. We do have odd and end meats in the freezer - like a whole turkey, some breakfast sausage, and 2 porkchops... but not the staple beef and chicken. I hope to do something with the turkey sometime soon and make some food to freeze.

4 comments:

Missy said... [Reply to comment]

I love your new picture! It is simply beautiful

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

I'm cooking up a 15 lb turkey for next month's OAMC day. I sat down last night and searched thru allrecipes.com and found some yummy "leftover turkey" recipes. I'll be posting 10 of them next Tuesday. We don't have any beef on hand right now and I noticed Food Lion has a big sale on ground chuck for $1.77/lb. I'll probably pick some up on Sunday. BTW, I love your new header...so sweet :)

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad you got some restocking done. I did notice when I was there on Tues. that you have a nice big ol' ham in the right hand freezer. Someday you can put that thing in the crockpot for half a day and then have some good meat for your grinders, some for sandwiches, and some tid-bits for really good scrambled eggs! Anyway, I know that's not the handy meat like chicken and beef. I have hams in my freezer too.

Meghan said... [Reply to comment]

Maybe its just me but there have not been too many great meat sales lately. I cooked a whole turkey last week for a party we had and I only have about 6 cups of leftover shredded turkey and gravy. Wish I could see your pic...McAfee is showing up in your header but I'll take everyone's word for it that it sounds super cute!