Sunday, January 8, 2012

On The Other Side of The Hump

Whew!! I wasn't sure what was going on yesterday and the worst part was not knowing when it would end. I called my mother-in-law briefly yesterday afternoon and she asked if I was in labor. I said "no, but if I was at least I'd know it was going to end soon!"

As it turned out, by late last night - while I was still worn out - I was getting my appetite back and getting hungry. I made an egg sandwich about 10:30 and Daniel said it smelled like breakfast :) I wasn't counting on feeling up to going to church this morning, since I had no idea how well the food was going to sit on my stomach or if I was going to be able to sleep, but lo and behold, everything was fine!

I didn't bounce out of bed, but I did rest pretty well and felt like it would be pure laziness to skip Sunday morning church... especially since my stomach was roaring hungry, which felt completely different than it had all of the previous 24 hours! By the time we arrived to church I just wanted to go back to sleep, but I yawned and sipped water and think I stayed awake the whole service :)

After a good lunch and a decent nap this afternoon, I felt rejuvenated. I even made up a list for tomorrow and put down a few goals for this coming week. Tomorrow morning is MOPS and I am really looking forward to this meeting and hearing the guest speaker.

I am just happy to be on the other side of yesterday so quickly. Since I was never officially (stomach) sick, I was afraid it was going to be a couple day ordeal of feeling bad and getting rested back up from apparent lack of sleep (which would be strange for me, anyway!). Since then I've heard of a few people having a 24 hour stomach bug, and since my misery lasted pretty much exactly 24 hours, I'm pretty sure it must've been the same thing just without the throwing up (which is OK by me!!).

So here's a "hip-hip, hooray" for feeling better and hopefully a splendid week ahead.

2 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so happy you're feeling so much better. However, just make sure you don't exhale in this direction! I sure don't want to get it!

Elizabeth said... [Reply to comment]

So glad you're feeling better!!!