Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Changes

Things are slowly taking a different shape around here. Susannah is growing and changing every day it seems. She can even read the Sunday comics!


The home addition project is getting underway. The footers are poured and the guy that is doing the foundation will be starting this week, weather permitting. Daniel is aiming for a house-raising weekend next Thursday, Friday and Saturday, when several friends will come and help frame the addition (2 story).


Susannah is working on her top teeth furiously. Last week she cut an eye-tooth, this week one of her front teeth. I'm pretty sure the other front tooth and eye-tooth will be in by the end of the year. The eye-tooth caused a day and a half of misery for both of us, but once it was through everything was better :)


She is becoming more mobile. Still just rolling around, scooting backwards and in circles. She likes to scoot this box of chocolate chips around on the floor, pull up on it, and of course dig out the fun, crinkly bags of chocolate :) Today in her crib was the first time I saw her actually trying to get up on her hands and knees. She usually does stuff in her crib long before she does it on the floor.


And she is becoming more and more a Daddy's girl all the time :) If he walks into the room and she hasn't seen him for a while, she gets so excited she almost can't contain herself! I have a picture of him beside the rocking chair and she used to grin at it if I showed Daddy to her. Now if I show her the picture, most of the time she turns her head towards the bedroom door as if she's hoping he's going to walk through!


Another change that you've probably noticed already is that I'm not blogging nearly as much. Someday I might get back into blogging more, but for now I've decided that it is not a priority. I kept thinking I would post regularly again "next week" or "start tomorrow" ... but I just never get around to it.

One thing that I'm devoting my spare time to is learning about nourishing foods. And that is another change around here that I really do intend to write more about in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Very nicce!

Davene said... [Reply to comment]

Whether you post often or not-so-often, I'll be here, reading everything you write, and enjoying the peeks into your life. Don't feel any pressure to blog--there's too much other pressure in life as it is! :)

It's so much fun to see Susannah grow and change; what a sweetheart!

Candi said... [Reply to comment]

It's good to read your post this morning. Glad all is well with your family. The project looks intimidating for me (but my dad builds houses so he'd be all over it!), I know you are very excited to see it get underway. I've been in a blogging slump too, nothing exciting happening so just sharing food :) Susannah is growing wonderfully, enjoy her at this stage, before long you'll be moving everything from the tables and cabinets to keep her from eating everything :)

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

I've been researching on nourishing foods too and have slowly been making some changes at my house. I'd be interested to hear what you you have to say about that topic...I don't mean to put pressure on you to blog, but if you ever get some time to do it :)

Good luck on the home addition, I hope the project goes smoothly for you guys!