Friday, June 18, 2010

Grocery Shopping Trip 6/17

Sorry, folks. I don't have any grand tales about travelling to the edge of the earth and falling off, even though I'm sure it seems like that's what's happened with me here in bloggy land!! Life does exist without posting on my blog - imagine that! Nothing grand or super exciting has happened to specifically keep me from posting, just the regular everyday life with my little delight, Susannah :)

I have been grocery shopping every week, but yesterday I actually took the time and got everything photographed for a blot post :)

Food: (2) Flour (Bread & AP), Smoothie, Oil, OJ & Milk
Pears, Tomatoes, Nectarines, Lettuce, Baking Powder & Rice
*Highlights*
~I decided to give Kroger brand bread flour a try. It was considerably cheaper than the leading brands (which weren't on sale), and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it.
~Roma tomatoes were $.49/lb. and lettuce $1.05/head - salads anyone?
~Yoplait Smoothie was FREE with a coupon I'd gotten in the mail a while ago.

Shelf Price - $25.69
OOP - $20.82
Saved - $4.87 / 19%

Non-Food:
(4) Gillette Body Wash - BOGO sale + BOGO coupon = FREE :)
(4) Olay Body Wash - $1.99/ea
(4) Ivory Body Wash - FREE WYB Olay
(2) Dial - $.30/ea
Tide (64 load) - $9.29

Shelf Price - $67.45
OOP - $19.72
Saved - $47.74 / 71%

~I wouldn't normally spend $1.99 on a bottle of body wash, but with all the other free BW, it comes out to $.66/ea. AND for each (2) Olay Total Effects, you get a coupon for $2 off your next purchase :) I did 2 transactions since I was getting 4, so now I have $4 in coupons to use on my next shopping trip! Counting that in, I really got all the body wash free!!

1 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! That non-food shopping trip probably impressed some cashier! Your skills didn't leave you when you became a mother.

I really miss your frequent blog posts, but living life is more important than blogging about it.