Thursday, June 4, 2009

It Left Without Me - Again

I swan, it seems like every morning I get up, piddle around a bit, and then the next thing I know, I turn around and see that the wagon already left and I fell off it somewhere along the way.

Maybe I've never gotten on it this week... or maybe I'm just dragging along behind it. I'm not sure which. I've gotten laundry done each day so far, and the dishes, and food made, and little snits of cleaning here and there...

I went grocery shopping TUESDAY and still haven't gotten my shopping post done for this week. I did cut up, cook down an freeze 3 chickens. I have 5 lbs. of broccoli in the frige waiting to be blanched and frozen ... and it's still in there. Funny how that stuff just never does anything on it's own.

I kinda jumped back onto the exercise wagon this week, though. Today's the first day I haven't gone for a walk - and that's 'cause it's drizzling outside. I guess I won't be drying my wash outside today, either.

And I need to get a ton of stuff done today because tomorrow afternoon sometime we're taking off for a much-needed, mini-vacation. (Note to any creeps: Don't even think about it.) I want to make some cookies, pancakes, and whatever else I feel like/have time to make to take along.

But I'm not sure what to make. I'm thinking maybe snickerdoodles. I'm out of oatmeal, I only have about 2 cups of Quick Oats, so Monster Cookies are out even though I have plenty of M&M's. Hey, I have a TON of kisses in the cupboard (chocolate ones, goofus), and TONS of peanut butter - I could make Kiss Cookies! They are fun to make and I love them :P It's a good thing there's a fitness center where we're going. Oooo, I could make English Muffins, too. They would be great for breakfast or sandwiches. I wish I had a good bagel recipe. The one I tried they flopped and were flat discs, though they tasted good.

If you have any great suggestions for vacation food that don't take oatmeal, raisins, or any other staple ingredients that I haven't restocked lately, please leave a comment!

Otherwise, thanks for listening to me while I thought out loud :) That's what bloggy friends do best ;P

2 comments:

Maria D. @ DownrightDomesticity said... [Reply to comment]

Here is a link to a phenomenal whole wheat snickerdoodle recipe with cinnamon INSIDE the cookie! I made these a couple weeks ago, and the texture is to die for (and the taste, of course, was great, too)!

http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/05/whole-wheat-cinnamon-cookies.html

Don't feel bad about getting behind on housey things. I think we both feel off the same wagon! ;-) Have fun on your mini-vacation!

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Uhhh, what wagon did you fall off of? I thought maybe it was the exercise wagon. I hope it comes around again and you have another chance to get on it.