Monday, June 22, 2009

Bloggy Blahs

If you follow my blog, or even come check it out regularly, my guess is that you've been disappointed each time when you find no new post. Sorry :(

I keep feeling like "there nothing exciting to blog about!" so I don't write anything. But I also remind myself what I like about reading other people's blog posts... it's their normal, everyday lives, and it's exciting to me! They might bake bread ev.er.y single week, yet when they blog about it, I'm like "They make bread, too!" and ooo and ahhh over their blog posts :)

This is likely to be a random topic post, so hang in there!

So far we have been gone EVERY weekend this month. And after next weekend (the last weekend for June) we will have accomplished being gone EVERY weekend of the month. Well, maybe not gone-gone, like pack your bags and go spend the night somewhere, but at least gone away from the house to a function or two or three. Come to think of it, we were gone the last weekend in May to a wedding, so till we're done it will be what, 5 weekends that we've not spent here at home. No wonder that the other day when Daniel asked what I wanted to do for July 4th, I said "nothing!!" July 4th even falls on a Saturday, which (fingers crossed) might mean that he gets either Friday or Monday off since they get a work-day holiday for the major holidays that fall on a weekend. He wasn't sure, but it would be so nice to have a couple days together here at home.

The house definitely shows that we've been gone for several weekends. Daniel started an outside project back in May, and it is still very unfinished. The big trashcans are full and have been for a couple weeks, waiting for him to be able to take a trip to the dump (I would do it but I can't lift them up onto the truck).

I have also been super-slacking in the daily to-do list department. Both in making the list and getting the things done on the list. So, last night, before going to bed I made the list for today. Thankfully the away time this past weekend was local, AND I got a nice nap yesterday afternoon (hasn't happened in a while), AND I slept like a rock last night, so I am ready to tackle my list today. One of those things on my list is to make the bed. I told ya, I've been slacking. I won't say how long it's been since I've properly done laundry... but lets just say that Daniel and I have both been getting dressed with clothes pulled from the "clean laundry" pile. :D And "make the bed" means "get the clean sheets out of the pile on the guest bed and put them on the bed".

But I have kept food in our stomachs and the dishes cleaned up in general. The latest big aggravation is the over-abundance of ants that want in my house this year. I do not know how ants, outside the house down in the ground wherever they are in the yard, know - or even find out - that there is an empty ice-cream bowl in the living room. Or how they know that I had pancakes for breakfast Friday morning and the empty, syrupy plate is on the kitchen counter waiting to go in the dishwasher. Now, THOSE ants really bothered me. They were the BIG kind. The small, sugar ants (or the even smaller ones, whatever they are) - the ones after the empty ice cream bowl - don't bother me as much, cause their only concern is to keep methodically plodding along. I still pull out the Terro and offer them a nice, yummy drink at the Terro Pond *evil grin*, but the big ants - *shiver* - they much have built in V-8 engines or something. They cruise around super fast and run and hide. They're the kind that might come take me apart and haul me off in peices while I'm sleeping. I didn't bother with the Terro for them last night when I found them... they met quick demise. There were 4 of them and one managed to escape under the stove, so I'm hoping that he didn't run to tell their friends that they need to come invade my house as payback for squashing 3 of their team members. I think I would surely have ant nightmares again. Yes, I said again. And believe me, ant nightmares are not fun.

And now that you're all caught up on the exciting happenin's around here, I need to go get dressed and get goin'.

3 comments:

Sally said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like your life is on the move down there! We have ant troubles here too. I don't know what it is, but they seem to want inside...the little boogers.

Katie said... [Reply to comment]

Haha! I don't mean to be a blog stalker and comment on every one of your posts, but I just had to tell you that I was cracking up when you talked about getting dressed out of the clean laundry pile. It is so funny because it is so true, I'm sure everybody does that from time to time...I know we do!

Sounds like you guys have been just as busy as us, isn't it exhausting to be gone all the time? I don't even have little kids to tote around and it is still tiring, I don't know how people do it. Our weekends this summer are almost all booked and it is kind of sad because summer is supposed to be so carefree and spend playing outdoors. I feel like I wait for summer ALL year and then when it gets here, it flies by! Oh well, I'm going to enjoy it to the max whether I am home or away :)

Davene said... [Reply to comment]

Ah, the blahs. I've definitely felt that way sometimes. And of course, I can relate to the way-behind-on-household-chores stuff, too! I've got to make some progress on catching up around here today, or I might just go crazy. :)

Thanks for sharing your theory about David's hands...it's a good one! :)